i need help plz

bersain91

Jul 7, 2015
Parrots
Ringneck
Hi u guys well i need help with my 2 ring necks i hade them know for 3 months and well my boy bird is still a little punk he dosnt like me and every time i get close to him he tries to bite me and well i dont know if its his bluffing stage but i really dont think it takes that long for the bluffing to stage to get to the bird he what i been doing i just been giving hem his time to get used to me
i also have problems with my girl bird since i had her she dose let me tuch her but she dont do nothing i try to tech her new things but she cant i dont know what to do i just got a new gcc and since day one he has been such a good bird he is really loving and he lurns fast thats why i dont know what is wrong with my indian ring neck i need help plz l

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Mango: Male cockatiel, Ruby: Female eclectus
Were your Indian ring necks hand reared or aviary birds? also you said you have had them for 3 moths but how old were they when you got them (eg. 3 years, 1.5 years)?.

itchyfeet

Nov 1, 2014
Middle Earth
Parrots
Ethyl the cockatiel, Henry & Clarke the IRN's, and Skittles the lovebird (my daughters)
Are they in separate cages yet? Clipped or flighted?

OP
B

bersain91

Jul 7, 2015
Parrots
Ringneck
when i got them the lady were i got them said they were 6-7 months old i did separated them because there the guy was fighting a lot with my female i dont think they were hand feed they cant fly but there wings are growing so they can flay a more then b4

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
Ok so i would begin by selecting a bird that you would want to tame, which should be separated from the other bird, preferably another cage if you have one. I say to separate them because when the birds are together if one does a bad behavior the other will copy it, consequently reinforcing the bad behavior. So when the ring neck is in its cage a good exercise to form trust is to put your hand into their cage without touching the bird multiple times a day. This will help the bird gain trust with you. you may have to do this for 3 or more days till the bird becomes comfortable with you. Then once the bird has become comfortable with your hand try to pet/get it to step up. A sprig of millet will probably entice it to step up. Now if you can get the bird to step up and be comfortable with you. let it come out of the cage by itself so that it has confidence. if this works you should then be able to get the bird to step up and stay on your shoulder. But since these are not hand reared birds they may not, (not to say they wont!) become as tame as hand reared. good luck and i hope this will work. :41: :D

OP
B

bersain91

Jul 7, 2015
Parrots
Ringneck
thanks u i have one more question i have my birds in my room and i let them get out there cage there cage is open 24/7 they go in when they want but i was talking to my friend and he told me that if i let them in my room ever day they get sick and to take them out more often is it true ?

WilliamKenyon

Aug 21, 2015
Media
Parrots
I don't quite know what your friend was talking about but letting the birds Rome in your room is fine so long as they are supervised and you make sure they don't chew/play with anything that could be dangerous such as an electrical lead. Anyway how are you going with your ring necks? :D

OP
B

bersain91

Jul 7, 2015
Parrots
Ringneck
i did what u said and i but the meanest bird in a single cage i left him there and well little by little i been talking to him and putting my hand to try to feed him i think he is getting the idea thank u

Most Reactions

Latest posts