I want a year out!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Oh my gosh how super exciting!!! I got goosebumps reading your update! :D

You absolutely MUST go visit a gorgeous, young brunette who has magnificent horses, an awesome pup and a famous B&G. ;)

getwozzy

Feb 26, 2013
Oregon
Yayyy!!! Good for you!!

I'm envious right now- hubby wants to go to new zealand (closer than oz! Lol) since we have family friends who live there.

Betrisher

Jun 3, 2013
Newcastle, NSW, Australia
Parrots
Dominic: Galah(RIP: 1981-2018); The Lovies: Four Blue Masked Lovebirds; Barney and Madge (The Beaks): Alexandrines; Miss Rosetta Stone: Little Corella
Yess! If it's the parrots you're really looking to see, start in the northern part of Queensland. That's where the Eclectus and Palm Cockatoos are to be found. There's lots of other exotic birds that can also be found in New Guinea (Riflebirds, Pittas, Bowerbirds, Cassowaries etc) and some serious reptiles (Amethystine Python, Water Dragons, Goannas etc etc).

Gee, I hope you have a fabulous time and get to see everything you want to! How exciting!!! :)

Caesar

Oct 26, 2013
Media
Hi Bacon ,
I live in Australia on the east coast, QUEENSLAND.
Have you ever thought of boarding your bird?.....My avian vet offers this option and at least you will know she wont get neglected and heaps of attention that she will need.
I'm not sure about the cost though.
I suggest looking into that option as that would be idwal for your situation.
As someone else suggested taking her with you...even though I agree on one level ( the missing you part)..
good luck and hope you have a great trip Australia is a fantastic holiday destination

Mare Miller

Banned
Banned
May 14, 2011
Media
sierra foothills of central California
Parrots
13yr. old male umbrella cockatoo,
we call him Amigo!

7yr. old Goffin cockatoo, she IS Sassy!!
Hi Matt, wow, the last I heard from you, free flying birds were in the mix! How did that go, or what happened? I've been off the forum for awhile. Australia sounds like a dream come true, to me. If you can swing it, go for it. Our bird's welfare can definitely be an issue, though.

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Have fun going there!!! I would love to go visit there one day....My partner says we'll go there in about 5 years for a 10 day vacation, we'll see about that.....

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
You absolutely MUST go visit a gorgeous, young brunette who has magnificent horses, an awesome pup and a famous B&G. ;)

HAHAHAHA.. That couldn't be me could it?!?!?! :p

Will be at a horse competition most likely every weekend next year, so Matt can come and watch us in action! :09:

Fargo will probably love him!! :eek:
He is obsessed with accents, doesn't care about australian accents, but different voices he loves.. Come to think of it that might be the reason he liked my nana so much :20:

OP
B

BACON

May 18, 2013
You absolutely MUST go visit a gorgeous said:
Oh yeah??? Hahaha... I like the sound of that :D

See how we go hey!??

I dunno how our travel arrangements will go or even how. I've now gotta figure all that out!!
It's just something I've always wanted to do since first school. So been a while lol.

There's a few things I really want to do when I come, it's all pretty much down the east coast soooo :D

I'm excitedddddd!! :D

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
You should get the 3 day pass and go to all the theme parks :)

I think its only 99 dollars and you can go to sea world, movie world and dream world? i "think"..

Or maybe its wet n wild?

Hmmmm... Not sure :p

But should definitely do that! and can swim with dolphins... or sharks ;)

If i was in the situation i was visiting queensland, i would probably just go to the theme parks hahaha

Guess you can get up close and personal with the wildlife if you go to Australia Zoo and Dreamworld?

I remember at dreamworld i held a koala.. Although i doubt you can still do that :p

Dont go to the darling downs zoo though... the ostriches try and kill you.. and so do the monkeys... and the lamas... ;)

OP
B

BACON

May 18, 2013
Ok.
Soooooo with one more week to go I couldn't be more excited. I hardly seem ready, still loads to do/sort out.... I hope I have enough money. If not I hope the park benches are comfy haha.

Seems like I'm landing in Brisbane, hanging there for a while, heading north go diving etc, meeting friends in toowoomba as well. I also know some people there so maybe stop there for a few days, then it'll be Sydney bound, wanna walk over harbour bridge etc sooooo.

Only thing I don't think I'll manage is to go in a shark cage and go down and see them. Would love too.

Anyways. Hectic week ahead!!!

OP
B

BACON

May 18, 2013
Well...... Less than a day to go. Super excited.

Have heard there's storms etc around the Sydney area?? Not that I'm heading there straight away but I'm kinda sick of rain :p

All I need to do now is PACK ........:S

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
WOW, how super exciting, Matt! How long of a flight will it be?

Please take good care of yourself while you are "down under". :)

And I hope you have BEAUTIFUL weather!!!

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
This is so exciting! You are going to have such a fantastic time:)
If you get a chance to do the shark cage dive, you should do it...we did one in Hawaii and it was amazing!
Can't wait to see all the photos you take.

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Perfect! :) I was thinking about you going for a shorter time, that way you still at least get to go, and not too hard with the bird situation. FUN!! :D

OP
B

BACON

May 18, 2013
WOW, how super exciting, Matt! How long of a flight will it be?

Please take good care of yourself while you are "down under". :)

And I hope you have BEAUTIFUL weather!!!

I will do my VERY best to have a great time.

I believe my flight is about 20hrs plus with 2.5hrs stop in Singapore. We arrive in Brisbane at the unearthly hour of 05-something!!!

Yes. I will look out for the shark dive. We're going diving on the reef, but to meet the big boys I'd like to stay the other side of bars!!!

Yessss.1 month will work out perfectly I hope. ..... Unless I like it out there and decide to go back haha.

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
I can't imagine trying to do 20 hours... I was going a little crazy near the end of my 7 hour nonstop from London to PA! Though in all honesty the flight to London wasn't that difficult:) You are going to have so much fun! I wish I was traveling again this summer.

strudel

Sep 30, 2013
Media
I haven't looked at the news to know what's going on in Sydney, but you always get summer thunderstorms in Sydney.

I did a long flight years ago when I went overseas. A couple of suggestions: If they have them over there, buy some "ear planes". They stop your ears hurting from pressure changes. Get some compression socks. And take some sort of blanket/camping poncho. We had a long stopover in Kuala Lumpur and we had to sit in the airport lounge which was FREEZING.

Have fun!

OP
B

BACON

May 18, 2013
Hey..... I'm BACK. Altho I'm not that excited about it!!! Pretty pleased how much we got done in the 4weeks, altho large parts were spent on a bus heading south!!! I'll have to upload a few pictures too. Didn't get everything done I would of liked.... Hit issues but 99.9% very happy. All I want to do now is go back haha.

It was great to see blues reaction too!! At first it was like....'who are you' then you could see the cogs working then the cutest 'heellllooooo' haha. She's not stopped since!!!

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Welcome back, Matt. :)

I bet Blues is SO happy to see you. How did she do while you were gone?

Can't wait to see photos of your adventures. :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts