I wish I could come up with something more clever than "hello"

OP
quakerxxoats

quakerxxoats

Jun 28, 2007
Parrots
Coconut-the albino 'tiel, mango-the peachfaced lovebird, waffles-the parakeet, Lucy and Lulu-Jenday conures, and Cookie-The rescue sun conure
lol ... American logic ... naw, in reality i am more American than Canadian ... also will be moving to California as soon as I can ... yeah! no more snow!!

American logic rocks.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Yeah and the Brit logic, well if I could understand it, I'm sure it would rock too. :D :confused: .................. maybe.

Genlisae

Jul 7, 2007
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pepper (Lovebird)
No canadian accent? :(

jk. We still love you.

So you've only used the term to make fun of americans who make fun of you?

So technically, you are making fun of yourself.

We make fun of ourselves all the time! Just no one else gets it :(

In indigo's defense though, very few Canadians west of .. well the east coast really... have a "Canadian accent" and if they do chances are they are from the east coast.

Never said eh, aboot, hoser, or any of the other "Canadianisms" outside of making fun of myself. But then again I differ from most Canadians anyway... I know there is no g in Vancouver (Vangcover) and there are two t's in Toronto (Torono).

:p

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Now I've really been holding back on this one, but the time has come and I really need to ask.

Everytime I hear a Canadian or American accent they sound the same to me. Is there a difference? Maybe you just need to be Canadian or American to know the difference. (Just curious)

indigo

May 20, 2007
British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Serenity & Pix and their kids Jade & Tango (Peachfaced Lovebirds) and Bonnie (Budgie)
I don't personally hear a distinct difference ... there are variations in different regions, but nothing vast or specifically different. I just think the Americans get these impressions on what Canadians are like by watching TV where all stereotypes are exaggerated. I mean if all Canadians were like the stereotypes, then we'd all be newfies. Nothing wrong with being a newfie, but most Canadians are not newfies.

OP
quakerxxoats

quakerxxoats

Jun 28, 2007
Parrots
Coconut-the albino 'tiel, mango-the peachfaced lovebird, waffles-the parakeet, Lucy and Lulu-Jenday conures, and Cookie-The rescue sun conure
I don't personally hear a distinct difference ... there are variations in different regions, but nothing vast or specifically different. I just think the Americans get these impressions on what Canadians are like by watching TV where all stereotypes are exaggerated. I mean if all Canadians were like the stereotypes, then we'd all be newfies. Nothing wrong with being a newfie, but most Canadians are not newfies.

Well, most of my steryotypes came from the song "candian idiot" by weird al.

But I know it's not real. I'm just messing with you guys. :D

Genlisae

Jul 7, 2007
Vancouver Island, British Columbia, Canada
Parrots
Pepper (Lovebird)
My sister has that song as her ringtone and I have it on my winamp most played list. Love that song.. and hey, if you can't laugh at yourself you really can't laugh at the Americans... err I mean at others.. :p

Oh and no.. I do not want to drive a Zamboni all over Saskatchewan... to Tim Horton's for an Iced cap and a box of timbits though?! I'm there!

OP
quakerxxoats

quakerxxoats

Jun 28, 2007
Parrots
Oh and no.. I do not want to drive a Zamboni all over Saskatchewan... to Tim Horton's for an Iced cap and a box of timbits though?! I'm there!

Ok then. I'll pretend that's completely normal.

Most Reactions