If your younger self met your current self, how do you think they’d react?

Rico_Tiel

Oct 21, 2022
Media
Ur mom’s car
Parrots
Ricochet - Cockatiel
Cricket - Budgie
Say, you go back in time to speak with your younger self, what do you think they would think about you? Would you give them advice? If so, what would you say?

I believe my younger self would be horrified and jealous at the same time… everything she said would never happen, she would never become, or would never believe, would be the opposite lol

texsize

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Oct 23, 2015
Media
so-cal
Parrots
1 YNA (Bingo)
1 OWA (Plumas R.I.P.)
1 RLA (Pacho R.I.P.)
2 GCA(Luna,Merlin) The Twins
1 Congo AG (Bella)
5 Cockatiels
Well without proof myself as a teenager wouldn’t believe me.

I was thinking more like transporting my teenage self into the present, what would myself think.

I think my choice of parrots as β€œpets” would be a surprise but only for a short time.
I am sure my teenage self would find them just as enjoyable and entertaining as my adult self.
We always had pets growing up but most times it was cat.
though we did have an owl and a Robin briefly

I think my teen self would be surprised that I no longer have any real interest in things that go fast.

this was my transportation in high school.

IMG_1174.jpeg

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek
There is a song that I think helped me it was called "something to be proud of" which helped me through my teenage years. I was a wild kid. Never wanted to slow down. I've always loved animals as well. My mom always wanted me to be a vet, but I just couldn't bring myself with enough patience to do it. But none of my love for animals changed. So if my teenage self saw me today, I'd say I'd probably make fun of myself a bit πŸ˜†. But I think even then I would think teeko is awesome. As well as my Shiba Inu who is my hero..I was always into JDM cars. That never changed either. I own a E60 BMW 550i.. I doubt my love for cars and pets will ever change. But I'm married now. I gotta good job as a heavy equipment mechanic. And make a decent living. If I could say one thing to my younger self I'd say this "Ego, is nothing more than being afraid to grow up" and there is nothing wrong with loving people and giving.

TeekoGreenCheek

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Jul 22, 2023
Media
Parrots
Conure Green Cheek

I was thinking more like transporting my teenage self into the present, what would myself think.

I think my choice of parrots as β€œpets” would be a surprise but only for a short time.
I am sure my teenage self would find them just as enjoyable and entertaining as my adult self.

I think my teen self would be surprised that I no longer have any real interest in things that go fast.

View attachment 56357.
That's a nice bike. πŸ‘Œ

BirdyBee

Jan 7, 2022
Media
Albums
South Africa
Parrots
Current birds:
John
Snowy
Pippen

Past birds:
Grumpy
Sunny
Griffen
Jeff
Gertjie
Say, you go back in time to speak with your younger self, what do you think they would think about you? Would you give them advice? If so, what would you say?

I believe my younger self would be horrified and jealous at the same time… everything she said would never happen, she would never become, or would never believe, would be the opposite lol
I've thought about this one before..

Little me would cry if she met me now.
Everything I thought I'd never be is what I ended up becoming, and things I swore I would never do is what I ended up doing πŸ˜€ I've become the opposite of what I wanted to be and I'm not exactly proud 🫠

Honestly if I met little me, I would give her a whole life lesson and tell her everything I needed to know but was never taught by anyone. I kinda had to learn how to live life by myself πŸ‘

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater

View attachment 56357.
repect has been given:cool:

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
one other thing I would say to little me is "DUDE YOUR GONNA SUFFER IN MATH AND THESE ARE YOUR FEARS"(I would pull out my laptop with all the fears I had over the years and some are really pathetic) And I would show little me the best bands in the world CG5, loving Cailiber, imagine dragons, yeah and tell her about not going to petco and petsmart "but its not all that bad when me one got Sky Lapis Smokey but get then and vandalise the petco's and petsmart's"

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
There is a song that I think helped me it was called "something to be proud of" which helped me through my teenage years. I was a wild kid. Never wanted to slow down. I've always loved animals as well. My mom always wanted me to be a vet, but I just couldn't bring myself with enough patience to do it. But none of my love for animals changed. So if my teenage self saw me today, I'd say I'd probably make fun of myself a bit πŸ˜†. But I think even then I would think teeko is awesome. As well as my Shiba Inu who is my hero..I was always into JDM cars. That never changed either. I own a E60 BMW 550i.. I doubt my love for cars and pets will ever change. But I'm married now. I gotta good job as a heavy equipment mechanic. And make a decent living. If I could say one thing to my younger self I'd say this "Ego, is nothing more than being afraid to grow up" and there is nothing wrong with loving people and giving.
If my teenage self met me as I am now she would definitely recognize me because I haven't changed that much but she would think I am very boring now. I was quite the party girl as a teenager through my mid twenties. She would also be amazed that I ended up with John who I was "friends with benefits" with from 14 to 17 and lost contact with until eight years ago. I always loved birds so it wouldn't be any surprise that I have six budgies.

foxgloveparrot

Parrot of the Month πŸ†
Aug 30, 2021
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ziggy, Kai, and Seiji (blue, yellowface, and dilute budgies)
Jasper (yellow-naped amazon)
Lilla (senegal parrot)
Snowberry (yellow-crowned amazon)
Cricket (pacific parrotlet)
5-year-old me would probably be disappointed that I'm short (5'2 lollllll). She was hoping to be 7 feet tall. Lol.

10-year-old me would freak out when she realizes I have a ton of parrots, and she'd freak out even more when she realizes her best friend is now my romantic partner, and she'd probably be so completely overjoyed when she realizes that I'm everything she wanted to become.

15-year-old me would be shocked that I survived past her age. She was so sure that she had no future, and seeing me would give her so much hope. I'd tell her about how I'm living her wildest dreams, and she would hardly believe it, and it would inspire her to keep going.

20-year-old me would ask to copy all of my college homework. Can't blame her. College is TOUGH.

Last edited:
May 2, 2021
Media
Albums
Vermont, USA
Parrots
Stormy(M): blue Australian budgie
Picasso(F): green Australian budgie
Apollo(F): sky blue dominant pied Australian budgie
Probably confused but happy. This year has been going pretty good for me. I'd probably tell them all the stuff I know now so they'd be less sad.

Most Reactions