Iggy's progress

Minzer84

Mar 14, 2007
Massachusetts
Parrots
Iggy- YCA
So from what I can tell Iggy's aggression is getting much better for the time being, last night he let me pick him up by his back and then hold him on his back without even attempting to bite! He hasn't tried to aggressively nail me in quite some time (except when being territorial but I can handle that)...

However, his screaming seems to be getting worse, and that drives me INSANE. Before, it was when I left the room or wasn't in his sight...now it's when I'm eating (even if I shared), when I'm not in the room, when the t.v. is on, when Chase is home, etc. etc etc. So Chase has been being good and ignoring it when it's just him home, but it goes on for an hour and a half at times...if I'm home I can't deal with it and I just put him in his cage and shut the door to his room (which now makes him silent). So I'm still trying to think of new words and tricks to teach him, thought about teaching him his colors but not sure how, and I have been spending more time interacting with him now that he doesn't attack me as often.

He is still climbing down to the bottom of his cage and whining some nights, but that is his problem I suppose.

Just thought I would give you all an update. At least something is finally improving!

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thats great news on the biting side of things,

if I'm home I can't deal with it and I just put him in his cage and shut the door to his room (which now makes him silent).

It almost sounds as if he WANTS to be in his room, maybe he feels insecure if he's out of it. If you are trying to work with him IN HIS ROOM, will he scream/bite then? Just wondering if for the time being, it would work better if you went to his room?

I can understand how hard it must be when he's screaming all the time, but please don't feel alone, we are all here for you, and while we can't do much physically we can be here when you need to let off some steam. :)

Tracy842

Super Moderator
Jan 12, 2007
Media
Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Popsicle the Senegal Parrot &
Pepsi the Mealy Amazon
Great to hear the aggresion isn't as bad.

Sorry to hear he still loves screaming. I had to start moving Pepsi's cage into another spot in the house, and cover her up to stop her screaming. She has actually improved alot so now when she starts to scream I put my finger up to my mouth doing the whole shoosh thing and she stops.

Hope everything continues to improve with Iggy!!! :D

Most Reactions