I'm About to Become a New Mommy!

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
HI Everyone!

I've been following your forum for months while reading everything I could get my hands on in preparation of purchasing a parrot. After determining an eclectus was the perfect bird for me I connected with a wonderful bird expert and owner of two stores and almost purchased a female eclectus but he talked me out of it as my husband has a beard and he feared he'd attach to him. I was okay with this because I really had a male in mind. And then Oliver was born. We just learned he is male when a green feather sprouted. Yay! I will not get to bring him home until the end of December -- so for now I visit and look at pictures.

I'm excited to be a part of your forum and know you'll guide me totally. I have no experience with an eclectus but my sweet Cockatiel passed at the age of 23 a few months ago and I so miss the sounds of him.

Thank you in advance for all you will share and teach me!

Lisa

Attachments

• babyecki.jpg
    babyecki.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 113

wenz2712

Banned
Banned
Nov 16, 2011
Media
Welcome to the forum:) Congrats on your new Baby. I bet you cant wait to bring him home:)

What a beautiful little fluff ball he is at the moment.

Have you chosen a Name for him yet?

aliray

Jan 28, 2012
Rotonda West , Fla
Parrots
yellow sided green cheek conure,Chiquita Quaker parrot Sweetie Pie, African red bellied parrot Tiki, spanish timbrado canary Lucas
welcome to the forum and congrats on your new baby Oliver, love the name. he is awfully cute. Lots of members with eclectus on here.:D

OP
drlisaort

drlisaort

Nov 3, 2012
Hollywood, Florida
Parrots
Oliver, Male (SI) Eclectus
Thank you for the warm welcome! I havn't quite figured out how to directly reply to each post. I visited Oliver today. He's very handsome and has more green feathers. I should have him home late December or early January.

Most Reactions

Latest posts