I'm getting a GCC(Finally!) I'm sad though because I don't want to seperate sibling..

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Green Cheek Conures, Crimson Conures, CAG, Pionus, Budgies, Goffin Cockatoo
One baby.
gcc3.jpg

The whole family, but baby green, and pineapple in the mid.
gcc2.jpg

gcc1.jpg

Looks like papa and the two green babies.

I can tell from the picture that these babies are not tame. Are you sure you are ready for this?

OP
Pinkstiletto66

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
I know what you meant, but there aren't any babies available, and I'd rather not do shipping from afar. It was an option for a milisecond in my mind, but now with snow on the grouind, and who knows how this weather will be in the upcoming weeks, I'll deal. It's a baby so although work, I don't think it would be as an untamed adult conure, that I would not do.

Last edited:

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Then good for you!!! You will tame him and have the best companion! I think the best of people like you who are not afraid of a little work and trust building with their bird! Kudos to you and all the people here will be here to help you along the way!! :) Can't wait to see the pic of the one you choose!

PS : A tame bird doesn't make the best bird.

Echo

Dec 7, 2009
USA
Parrots
Unless they come from me of course!!! Hehe

OP
Pinkstiletto66

Pinkstiletto66

Sep 25, 2011
NYC
Hahaha. Yea, I notice that their are varying ages on here, so me being a little bit older than quiet a few on here, I have personal experience with having to deal with things that aren't as perfect as one would want, so although I'd prefer a tamed baby, a little challenge never hurt, (I'm self teaching myself a language, that not much people locally use.)

I've also noticed from feedback from my other thread and some personal experience from browsing, some pet shop birdies are not tame due to not as much one on one quality time. With the little gcc, I'm saving almost $200 so that just adds to the bonus. I'm getting a green baby, which reminds me I have to buy a clicker for training. :D

Amber

Jun 1, 2011
They look great! Bit scared though, but cutie pies none the less!

On the sibling thing, don't fret too much. Alex still knows his sister, me and the breeder are pals, I take care of their birds when they go away and vice versa. As a result, Alex and his sister see each other pretty regularly, and they never really forgot each other. As they grew up though, they started fighting like mad and just grew apart. Because Alex has me now, and his sister Betty has her handler, and they don't want a bar of each other now! They still get along and play sometimes, but they always know where their people are! Your little guy will, with time and patience, become a great friend like these two are to us ;)

lexx510

Mar 13, 2011
Bay Area, CA
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure
I would recommend getting a male so you don't have to worry about egg laying problems when he reaches maturity. I ended up getting a female because the guy didn't have enough males, but I'm prepared (at least trying to prepare) for what might happen. For males you would be 100% safe though, so I suggest getting a male if you like both mutations equally. It'll give you the peace of mind that he won't be laying eggs ever!

Could you please tell me more. How can one prepare for these problems in case they arise?

BirdieNumNum

Oct 19, 2011
NY/NJ
Parrots
1 Pineapple GCC
2 Cockatiels
2 Budgies
I would recommend getting a male so you don't have to worry about egg laying problems when he reaches maturity. I ended up getting a female because the guy didn't have enough males, but I'm prepared (at least trying to prepare) for what might happen. For males you would be 100% safe though, so I suggest getting a male if you like both mutations equally. It'll give you the peace of mind that he won't be laying eggs ever!

Could you please tell me more. How can one prepare for these problems in case they arise?

I am PMing you now! :) For anyone else who wants to know, please PM me (so as not to go off topic in this thread) and I will make a new thread with a compilation of everything I have learned from everyone on this forum.

Most Reactions

Latest posts