I'm gonna have a talker on my hands!!

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
Sun Conure (Clifford), two budgies (Odin and Diana), and CAG (Bongo)
Baby Bongo is doing soooooo good. He/she should fledge any day now, If he would just let go while flapping so fast he would figure out he could fly! So cute.
I walked in today and he did his normal run to the cage door, and was making a noise I hadn't heard him do before. I gave him his normal kisses and he did it again! Every time I made a kissing noise he repeated it!!! He's already mimicking me. I asked the breeder if he ever made kissy noises at him and he said no, he also did not hear it until I came in today. He is such a smart baby.
I'm just so excited. :)

Mozzie

Mar 20, 2012
Media
Utah
Parrots
African grey (peppers)
Blue crown conure (Mozzie)
Sun conure (sunny)
Jenday conure (Bo)
Blue fronted amazon (Casey)
That is exciting! That is really young to start mimicking! He is going to be a good talker! Peppers (my CAG) talks really good too. She picks up new words and songs really fast. She amazes me every day! She has just learned the Adam's family theme song. It's pretty funny listening to her! You are going to be amazed at the things you will hear him say!! So fun!!!

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
I almost died, at first I thought it was just a new squak...He has only really done baby squeeks so far, but when he did it after me every time is when I found out it was a kiss! He even shocked the breeder!

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
That is young for a Grey. Usually they don't start until 1-2 years old. Merlin isn't much of a talker but she is the imitation queen around here. However, one thing she does say is, "Allllrrriiiiggghht!" And yesterday Pete started saying it just like her.

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
The greys that he has in the shop all three talk, and only one is a year old...he's the closet talker and won't say anything until you walk away. Every bird in his store, besides the tiels and keets and piegons and doves says "hiiiiii" and "hello" and most of them say "I love you". He said most of the birds he raises say "hiiii" in the same way all the others do before they leave. I remember the lady that took home the last bare eyed cockatoo was shocked when her baby said "hiiiii" the day she got to take it home.
I'll have to remember to take my phone in and record them next time I go. He has 24 Birds that talk, others that are trying, like the ones that he is boarding. It really is fun when they are all excited at the same time. Its a collaberation of "hi, hello, bye, bye, gimmie, and I love you" you could probably teach them all to sing row row row your boat in a round :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
I don't know why Merlin doesn't talk. She has learned some new things since being here, but more new sounds than words. She has learned, "Whoo!" from Pete and now that's one of her favorite things. She has learned some of his amazon babble language that he made up as well. She recently learned to laugh. Oh, and she learned to bark, too, from Pete, lol!

It also seems she is much more likely to say something if you say it to her in a funny voice. Normal voices don't seem to interest her.

Her sounds can totally crack me up though.

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
I will probably have barking birds too since I have two barking dogs :) I'm sure that wont get annoying at all. lol

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Pete's bark is very annoying, when it goes on for 15 minutes anyway. Merlin's is softer and doesn't grate on my ears as much.

But, it's kind of funny that my conure knows so many more words than my Grey or zon do. Today Rowdy said to me (twice), "I AM going to find out about it!" I'm not sure when she heard that, but it was funny. I just said, "Ok, Rowdy, I'm sure you will."

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
He he, I guess it only takes once for them to hear something they like. One of the greys at the pet store has a one sided phone conversation. "hello, oh yes! That sounds good. Uh hu, uh hu, ok talk to you later bye" funny funny funny. I watched one on youtube the other day that does and entire comedic act.

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
It was probably the tone of it that she liked. She likes to tell everyone and everything off:) I can't tell you the things she says to Judge Judy:11:

OP
Cliffordsmom

Cliffordsmom

Mar 6, 2012
Oklahoma
Parrots
hahaha. I could only imagine :)

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011
Oh, Merlin learned to say, "Hurry" this week, also from Pete. Maybe as long as I keep teaching Pete new words, Merlin will learn from him! She learned "Pretty bird" from Rowdy.

Wulfgeist

Feb 1, 2012
Winchester area, VA
He he, I guess it only takes once for them to hear something they like. One of the greys at the pet store has a one sided phone conversation. "hello, oh yes! That sounds good. Uh hu, uh hu, ok talk to you later bye" funny funny funny. I watched one on youtube the other day that does and entire comedic act.

One of my girlfriends had a maroon-bellied conure that did that it was pretty funny.

That is so cool that he's picking that stuff up real quick. Jasper mutters and grumbles alot but hasn't sounded much like words. Now whistles are another story. He's really good at repeating whistles. I was playing one of my on-line games last night and we have an in-game chat. I opened the mic and then one of the guys was whistling and he would repeat it back almost exactly.

A couple or three weeks before they came home one of the little babies was talking already! She said "whatup" and was learning "peek-a-boo" from the store's macaw. Here's to hoping you have a brilliant young talker!

Any idea when the dna results are due back?

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Pete's bark is very annoying, when it goes on for 15 minutes anyway. Merlin's is softer and doesn't grate on my ears as much.

But, it's kind of funny that my conure knows so many more words than my Grey or zon do. Today Rowdy said to me (twice), "I AM going to find out about it!" I'm not sure when she heard that, but it was funny. I just said, "Ok, Rowdy, I'm sure you will."

OMG ! Roxy , I was rolling on the floor when I read that Rowdy said "I AM going to find out about it" LMAO :):D:(:32::D
I have a headache now , but it was totally worth it , lolol.
:white1::white1:

roxynoodle

Dec 1, 2011

OMG ! Roxy , I was rolling on the floor when I read that Rowdy said "I AM going to find out about it" LMAO :):D:(:32::D
I have a headache now , but it was totally worth it , lolol.
:white1::white1:

I'm sorry:eek: Maybe I should stop posting the Rowdy-isms, lol! She is the weirdest bird I've ever had as far as I never know what she might say. Go read the funny conure stories in the conure area to see what she said about the cat when I first let her in. That one is priceless. Ok, not if you have a headache, read it later:)

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Oh I love you stories Roxy , dont ever stop telling them , please :)
I actually have to go read the one about the pig and the police.
My husband actually had a good pig /police story , him being a retired K9 Officer , lolol. I will have to get him to type it for me and I'll post it , lol.

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
Ooo, Lucy is a closet talker! Gracie says some words but like Merlin, she's all about the sounds. But Lucy, oh man does she have a vocabulary. BUT ONLY WHEN I AM NOT WATCHING. As soon as I try to sneak the camera phone video camera on, not even pointed her way, she shuts up and just looks at me. She was playing peek-a-boo and saying "I'm a badddddd girl, hahaha." I wanted it on camera :(

luvmytooo

Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
LOLOL "i'm a baddddd girl , OMG !

Safira

Sep 27, 2011
Aberdeen, Md
Parrots
Safira (B&G Macaw)~~ Gracie (CAG) ~ Lucy (CAG)
You should hear her. She's hilarious. She'll say flat out sentances, clear as a bell. Like "Um, she's in your room." and she talks like she's taking a phone message, "uh huh, okay, I got it, bye." then she barks, whistles, and BURPS.. Burping is hillarious, cause she'll do it all night.. or she'll say ACHOO.. Achoo. ACHOO. She also swears, I won't repeat that part :D Thankfully I have no children.
BUT I NEVER GET IT ON CAMERA. She's so sneaky.

Most Reactions