Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Friday I got up and did my routine, Venus didn't want to do our routine but Buddy wanted to do our routine. The routine, make coffee, make chop, feed the dogs, let the dogs out, feed the birds and shower. Well Buddy didn't want to get off me and I was on a schedule so in the shower we went. I put him on the shower perch and OH BOY!!!!! IT'S SHOWER TIME!!!! The perch sits close to where the water falls but he can move on the perch so he's not getting wet if he doesn't want to. I never have to worry about Buddy not wanting to be wet. Buddy is loud in the shower too making all sounds possible, me I do respond but then a fight started because Buddy was hogging the water, not kidding.

I'm trying to rinse, and he's head level with me when I suddenly got smacked in the face with a wing, then I have a pinned bird face in my face wolf whistling. I could feel his hot breath on my face. Then he stepped on my shoulder and wouldn't get back on his perch. It is not easy to shower with a bird on your shoulder who insists the water is all his, screaming happy sounds in your ear, fluffing up, spreading his tail and getting beaten with spread wings. At one point I put my right arm up, he's on my right shoulder and he bit me so I start fussing at him in my bird voice, he's screaming back. When we were done, Husband is laying on the bed cracking up, he said it sounded like a serious battle in the tub, lol! It was, Buddy loves showers and has to be in the middle of the shower event, lol!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Once an Amazon finds the joy of a Shower, keeping them out is a real struggle!

Amazons and full face /Wings feather hugs are amazing things, whether wet or dry!

That's one (series) of those memories that will be around for a very long time!

Enjoyed your sharing that /those memories! Thanks!

OP
Taw5106

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Once an Amazon finds the joy of a Shower, keeping them out is a real struggle!

Amazons and full face /Wings feather hugs are amazing things, whether wet or dry!

That's one (series) of those memories that will be around for a very long time!

Enjoyed your sharing that /those memories! Thanks!

Buddy is 27 years old and he knows what he wants. He's a green love bug. Out of my three fids he has no issue telling me what he wants and taking it like screaming when I'm eating and not sharing, lol! He's my clown and I love him to bits.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
Uh, parrots have right-of-way in the shower. DUH!

Thanks for sharing. Love hearing about Buddy and his attitude:D

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017
Friday I got up and did my routine, Venus didn't want to do our routine but Buddy wanted to do our routine. The routine, make coffee, make chop, feed the dogs, let the dogs out, feed the birds and shower. Well Buddy didn't want to get off me and I was on a schedule so in the shower we went. I put him on the shower perch and OH BOY!!!!! IT'S SHOWER TIME!!!! The perch sits close to where the water falls but he can move on the perch so he's not getting wet if he doesn't want to. I never have to worry about Buddy not wanting to be wet. Buddy is loud in the shower too making all sounds possible, me I do respond but then a fight started because Buddy was hogging the water, not kidding.

I'm trying to rinse, and he's head level with me when I suddenly got smacked in the face with a wing, then I have a pinned bird face in my face wolf whistling. I could feel his hot breath on my face. Then he stepped on my shoulder and wouldn't get back on his perch. It is not easy to shower with a bird on your shoulder who insists the water is all his, screaming happy sounds in your ear, fluffing up, spreading his tail and getting beaten with spread wings. At one point I put my right arm up, he's on my right shoulder and he bit me so I start fussing at him in my bird voice, he's screaming back. When we were done, Husband is laying on the bed cracking up, he said it sounded like a serious battle in the tub, lol! It was, Buddy loves showers and has to be in the middle of the shower event, lol!

That's hilarious! Con***ius say, "Do not come between Amazon parrot and shower."

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Kizzy - (most likely) female blue-fronted Amazon, hatched on May 1, 2017; Gabby - Male double yellowheaded Amazon, hatched, April 1, 1986; died February 22, 2017

Ladyhawk

Apr 30, 2017
Parrots
Reading that post is it ok to put a cockateil in the shower ???

The spray might be too harsh for them. Cockatiels usually prefer baths or a mister that sprays very fine drops. I have a pump bottle that requires priming and then releases a very fine mist.

Most Reactions

Latest posts