Australia
Parrots
Scarlet Chested
Ring Necked
Green Cheeked Conures
Bourke
Princess
Hi,

I would like to know if anyone has had any experience Importing parrots from another country.

I had a look the other day at a US bird sale site and parrots like Macaws, Amazons, Caiques and even Senagal Parrots are fraction of the price they are here in Australia. Likewise Rainbow Lorikeet that are inexpensive here seem to be worth a fortune in the US.

There would be obvious costs like transporting the bird and quarantine I guess.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
If your looking to import CITIES 1 or 2 birds from the US,the short answer is forget it.Unless you have your own Lear Jet and a private air field.

Last edited:
OP
australianaviculture
Sep 4, 2011
Australia
Parrots
Scarlet Chested
Ring Necked
Green Cheeked Conures
Bourke
Princess
The Blue and Gold Macaw (CITIES 2) is the most common Macaw in Australia and your looking at about $10000 for a pair here.

You can see why I'm interested, I would get a fair amount of change even if I had to fly over and fly the birds back.

henpecked

Dec 12, 2010
Media
NC/FLA
Parrots
Jake YNA 1970,Kia Panama amazon1975, both i removed from nest and left siblings, Forever Home to,Stacie (YN hen),Mickie (RLA male),Blinkie (YNA hen),Kong (Panama hen),Rescue Zons;Nitro,Echo,Rocky,Rub
If you owned property here in the US you could get a permit to carry your "pet" with you out of the country.USDA will tell you that you can export CITIES birds but in reality the paper work long /frustrating process,you need more patience than i can muster.

Most Reactions