In The Wars....

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Hamilton, Victoria, Australia
Parrots
See siggie :)
I'm in the wars today :( . I might have whooping cough, some people in my class have had it recently and I've injured myself. We were on an excursion today and I fell off the swing backwards and landed on my head :( . It was scary, I couldn't breathe for about 30 seconds, and I think I broke my finger and now my neck it sore ( not broken!!! ). My head might be cut as well but I haven't checked. My finger is splinted now and my head and neck hurts :( . Just a rant :eek: .

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
I'm in the wars today :( . I might have whooping cough, some people in my class have had it recently and I've injured myself. We were on an excursion today and I fell off the swing backwards and landed on my head :( . It was scary, I couldn't breathe for about 30 seconds, and I think I broke my finger and now my neck it sore ( not broken!!! ). My head might be cut as well but I haven't checked. My finger is splinted now and my head and neck hurts :( . Just a rant :eek: .

OMG Ratzy that is not good at all. You sound like me more and more each day.
Obviously you are now at home.

Now you need to go see a doctor, let him check out your sore neck, could be whiplash, as well as your head, could be a slight concussion. Let him see to your finger as well, great that they splintered your finger.
We must not take chances with all the above injuries.
My usual saying "Rather be safe than Sorry"

OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
Thanks Ant! I will probably be going to a doctor anyway, to get tested for whooping cough. We are going to a party tomorrow, my uncle's, and he's a good doctor. Don't think I have concussion, I don't feel dizzy or confused or anything. Thanks :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Thanks Ant! I will probably be going to a doctor anyway, to get tested for whooping cough. We are going to a party tomorrow, my uncle's, and he's a good doctor. Don't think I have concussion, I don't feel dizzy or confused or anything. Thanks :)

Just be very careful especially with concussion.
My guys played rugby, had concussion many times.
You don't have to feel dizzy or confused to have concussion.
I recall an incident, where Sean, (was writing an exam the following day) and started feeling terrible and shaky. It was a slight case on concussion.

OP
Ratzy

Ratzy

Apr 7, 2010
Media
Parrots
A teacher was watching me the entire bus trip home ( hour and a half ) and says I haven't got concussion. My vision is fine, no balance issues..... I've had worse :)

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
Poor you Ratzy!

Hope you are better soon! They say bad things come in 3's so at least that should be it for a while as the swing hurt you twice!!

Take care of yourself.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
Wishing you well little one ;), let us know how things go.

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Hope your on the mend ratzy were all thinking of ya here and I'm sure little oddballs up there minding out for ya to

Get better my friend :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
Glad to hear all is in order and you are well, besides your finger eina