Indian ringneck help

alexpereira2

Aug 25, 2023
Parrots
Indian ring neck
parrotlet
I just got a new irn. He's somewhat tamed. we only have had him for a little over 2 weeks. He does have an issue with biting and biting hard. When he is sitting on our shoulder and we try to get him off he will draw blood. he also likes to bite our ears. I have no idea how to stop this. we also have a parrotlet and our irn doesn't seem to be to friendly with him. They obviously live in 2 different cages but I would like to have both birds out at the same time but I get to nervous.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Welcome to the forums! Here are two threads you may find useful:

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I just got a new irn. He's somewhat tamed. we only have had him for a little over 2 weeks. He does have an issue with biting and biting hard. When he is sitting on our shoulder and we try to get him off he will draw blood. he also likes to bite our ears. I have no idea how to stop this. we also have a parrotlet and our irn doesn't seem to be to friendly with him. They obviously live in 2 different cages but I would like to have both birds out at the same time but I get to nervous.
You need to keep your IRN off your shoulders until he can be trusted not to attack your neck and face.

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
You need to keep your IRN off your shoulders until he can be trusted not to attack your neck and face.
Shoulder perching is a privilege not a right, and it must be earned. Unlike budgies, A parrot the size of an eclectus can easily mutilate your face! I saw a u

MFajardo86

Sep 3, 2023
Parrots
Cockatiels
I would not let them out together the IrN will kill a parolet

Most Reactions