interveiw

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Today I have an interview with PetSmart... yes I know it is a chain pet store, but every time I go to this store it seems well taken care of. My biggest worry is me getting behind the scenes and deciding this was the wrong place to work LOL But like I said... all the fids seem to have fresh water and pellets along with some fruits and veggies when I go in... I also notice they don’t go over board with their "stock" by taking on to many pets at one time.

Ok now time to vent a little...
I went into a PetCo the other day (another chain store) and I am looking at all the little fids, and some were just to die for... anyways.... I came to the finch cage and most of the little guys little claws were so over grown that it looked like they were having issues sitting on their perch :12:
but for some reason it was only one of the breeds of finches that were in the cage ...the others looked fine. Now I know this isn't the case, but I want to be sure... is there a finch breed that has "longer" toe nails :confused:
I thought I would ask before I start fuming. But I have to say, I understand that these little buggers can be hard to catch, hold down and do some snipping with out them getting hurt... but that is no excuse... if you can't show your employees how to do it or have a professional come in to do it, don’t have them in your store... and that’s that... poor little guys

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
Well, good luck with the interview ... not all chain stores are bad - you all know that Christy and I got Hamlet from a PetCo (this was, of course, before we knew any better) ... in that store I think the same issue was going on, little claws that were too sharp, but otherwise - eh, OK. Don't worry Chi, we wont hold this against you ... infact, I wish you good luck!

~ :50:

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Even I have to admit, that not all chain stores are bad, just the ones that have no idea how to look after any animals they may have.

GOOD LUCK TO YA, HOPE IT GOES WELL.

You'll have to let us know. I couldn't work in a pet store, for one simple reason, I would always find a birdie that needed a good home and that would be it. :D Hmmmm wonder how many you'll end up with. :eek:

GOOD LUCK​

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Definately have to keep us informed now :D;)

Love the sig.♥

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
Love the sig.♥

you like that? I got bored this morning and couldnt decide what pic I wanted to mess with for a new sig pic... but I couldnt decide.... so I used them all lol :D

Deanna

Jun 25, 2007
Media
Colorado, USA
Parrots
Mojo the magnificent Maximillian Pionus; Cecil the clowny Senegal; and, Timothy the shy, fearful Parrotlet
I, too, love your new sig! Very nice. :)

My best wishes go to you today ... I'm sending positive thoughts your way! Are you applying for a specific area (i.e., birds/fish/reptiles, or doggies?)?

TexDot33

Bird poop and baby poop
Dec 26, 2006
Media
New Hampshire USA
Parrots
15 year-old Sun Conure: Hamlet &
14 year-old Green-Cheeked Conure: Mac
it'll be nice to know that they have someone there that will actually know what she is talking about ... go Chi!!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
The one thing I will have to remember to do is wash wash wash... dont want to bring home anything to my baby

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
The one thing I will have to remember to do is wash wash wash... dont want to bring home anything to my baby

You mean you don't usually. :eek: :09:

What not even a little friend. :(

Seriously tho' that is something I think you'll remember, especially if there could be a poorly birdie. I'm sure you'll remember that.

GOOD LUCK

nzchickadee

May 15, 2007
Media
Christchurch Nw Zealand!
Parrots
Budgie
Good luck!
My CV sat with a local chain pet store for a while, with the intention that
if I worked there and focused on the birds (they favoured pups and kittens)
the birds would be happier and healthier
So good on ya!!!!!

OP
darkchi

darkchi

Dec 6, 2006
Albany, NY
Parrots
Cricket -C.A.G
LOL OK people... they hired me on the spot, even when I told them I wasnt doing weekends. :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Congrats to you, i tried at a thousand petstores when i just came out of school, but most was family orientated or didnt like women:mad:.Congrats again, im sure you're gonna make a big change in alot of birdies lives!:D

pheobus

Jun 14, 2007
Media
Congratulations to you Chi, I'm sure the birdies (especially) will have a great time with you!:59::59::03:

Tell us how you get on, news about the birdies there ..:D

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
yougogirl1.gif

GREAT NEWS, I'M SO GLAD FOR YA,
YOUR GONNA MAKE A GREAT DIFFERENCE
FOR THE BIRDIES.

LOOK OUT CRICKET, LOOKS LIKE YOU COULD
BE HAVING COMPANY. :D

TexDot33