Introducing bath time

FreddyCheeks

May 8, 2013
Media
NJ
Parrots
Pineapple Green Cheek Conure-Fred-Hatch date 3/5/13 --- Bourke parakeet- Pinky - home date 11/27/17---CAG-Chicken Lily-home date 12/1/17
What is the best way to introduce bath time to a young green cheek?

You could put a bowl of water at the bottom of its cage.

What I did was put mine under the bathroom sink while running warm water. He didn't seem to mind.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
I'm going to try a bowl, because mine definately doesn't like the sink sprayer. She acts like she wants to, but she won't do it unless I just move my arm that she's perched on under the stream, but she gets so pissed at me when I do that that I usually just spray her with a mister. (Which she also dislikes)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
[FONT=&quot]A small tub or the bathroom basin is a good place to introduce your baby to bathing. Add an inch of lukewarm water into the tub/basin. Holding your baby gently with its feet standing on the palms of your hands, encourage your baby to step off your hands lower your baby into the water. During the procedure which should last for a few minutes, keep you face close to your baby, explaining to your bird what you are doing until your bird becomes comfortable in the new surroundings.

:grey:
[/FONT]

Peanutsmum

Jan 23, 2013
Devon, UK
Parrots
GCC Peanut Male hatched 19/10/12
Keep in mind that some birds don't like to bath in anything other then cold water, even on cold days! :eek:

LOL! Yeah Peanut prefers cold water too! I just got a large old storage tub and put a little water in for Pea when Id had him a few days. I just wiggled my fingers in it for a bit and sat back and watched him have fun getting himself and me wet!

Attachments

• Peanut 006.jpg
    Peanut 006.jpg
    87.7 KB · Views: 142

Most Reactions

Latest posts