Introducing Kalona and myself :)

Cygnet

Sep 18, 2012
Parrots
Kalona (Greencheek Conure)--Hatched 6/6/12
Hi Everyone! I'm so glad I found this forum as I'm a complete newbie companion of my young Greencheek conure, Kalona. I found this site because I wanted to find out if her habit of constantly dunking her food into her water was normal, which thanks to this forum I found out it is.

Kalona has been with me for about a month now and she's very sweet and loving with all of us. She loves us (Me, hubby, and 3 kids) to hold, pet and cuddle her. And I found out that she is a great inspiration for healthy eating because she wants to eat whatever I'm eating. While the kids are in school I used to snack on chips, buttered popcorn, etc. Kalona's cage is right next to my favorite chair and she always wants to share whatever I'm eating so knowing she can't have the salty, fatty snacks, I started snacking on fresh fruit and veggies so I can share with her. This month I've lost 5 pounds without even trying! With my diabetes, it's very important to watch my diet so my little Kalona is a Godsend and a true inspiration!

Attachments

• kalonajohnny.jpg
    kalonajohnny.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 215

Adinafloyd

Jul 8, 2012
Slaughter, La
Parrots
Jax (CAG)
Scarlet (Ekkie)
Toot (TAG)
(YNA-Nappy, Gone but never ever far from my heart)
Hi and welcome to you and kalona. It is amazing how these lil guys inspire us isnt it?

Rana

Sep 18, 2012
Dublin, Ireland (Republic)
Parrots
Scottie Pippen (Pinapple GCC) Little Bandit (Hahns Macaw)
hi guys! new here myself and it's a great source for information indeed!
My GCC is a dote as well, so playful and fun. Very happy for you to hear about the amazing influence you and kalona have on each other! all the best to you and your family (feathers included)

Most Reactions