Introducing Sidney

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
Hello everyone.

This is Sidney. A cute little guy who snagged me earlier this week and I just had to bring him home. I was not planning on adding another bird to my flock of two Blue Crown Conures when I went into the bird specialty store that I go to for supplies. But on doing my usual rounds of all the birds in the shop to say hello and give scritches, I saw him sitting in one of the cages and he came right up and started chewing on a finger. I asked about him and found out that he was being fostered by the store for a rescue agency. I went home and could not stop thinking of him. The next day, I had to go back and meet him outside of the cage. It didn't take me long to decide I was caught and he was going to come home with me.

I adopted a rescued Senegal about 15 years ago and I adored her. She came to me a terrified wreck but left this life as a shoulder loving snuggle bird. Since then, I always thought that I would adopt another one day. Just was not expecting it to be now.

The only information that I have about his history is that he was hatched in 2007 and has lost two previous homes. So far, I don't see any traits to explain why. He is gentle and inquisitive and likes to be with me. A lot of fun. I think he is probably a male based upon the short "vest" and yellow feathers under the tail. But I'm not sure how accurate that method of identification can be.

Sure is bringing back a lot of memories of Kelly. The beak waving. Drooping wings while doing circles. The very audible beak grinding. She has been gone a long time now but having Sidney here now has brought a lot of good things back.

Attachments

• Sidney close up.jpg
    Sidney close up.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 229
  • Sidney hi there.jpg
    Sidney hi there.jpg
    64.1 KB · Views: 214
  • Sidney reading the forums.jpg
    Sidney reading the forums.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 231

mnkeastman

Jan 6, 2012
Parrots
Pixie-White Capped Pionus
he is a lovely bird and has great taste in websites :p. congrats to both of you!

cockatielfan17

Nov 20, 2011
what a pretty bird
lol in the last pic he is looking at my thread
(i know he is not looking at my thread it was just a joke)

OP
JamesC

JamesC

Sep 3, 2011
Knoxville, TN
Parrots
Blue Crown Conures: Tootsie and Rosco.
Senegal Parrot: Sidney.

Feathers of the past:
Budgies: Sunshine, Digit, Kiwi, and Yahto.
Senegal Parrot: Kelly.
"Fly free, little ones. Love and miss you."
This guy is totally amazing me. He settled in like he has always been here. Not afraid of any new object and wants to play with anything that comes near him. He has already learned new noises and picked up "pretty bird" tonight. To top it off, he tucked his head and took a good snooze on my shoulder while snuggled up against my neck.

We are still getting to know each other and set some limits of what is acceptable and what is not. No grabbing the glasses. No beeping the nose. Stuff like that. But I'm absolutely tickled at his personality. I can't believe that he lost his previous two homes. Feel very fortunate now that I got him.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
This guy is totally amazing me. He settled in like he has always been here. Not afraid of any new object and wants to play with anything that comes near him. He has already learned new noises and picked up "pretty bird" tonight. To top it off, he tucked his head and took a good snooze on my shoulder while snuggled up against my neck.

We are still getting to know each other and set some limits of what is acceptable and what is not. No grabbing the glasses. No beeping the nose. Stuff like that. But I'm absolutely tickled at his personality. I can't believe that he lost his previous two homes. Feel very fortunate now that I got him.

i am soo glad his such a settled bird :D but from my experiance with nut the hunnymoon period lasted 1 wk!!! :11: and she was the winged demon, :mad:

i really couldn't do much with her without her drawing blood or taking a chunk of my skin for months!

but patiance paid off!! :D she is truely settled, currently having her parrot zooms around house (she is flighted) after coming to me demanding her morning head squitch :p
she can see the cherries and bits of bread in her cage and think thats what she is complaining about, cos she knows as soon as she wonders in, shes in her cage for the day (its my day off so she's got extra out time)

Most Reactions