Introducing The New Adventures Of Princess Peach!! ๐Ÿ’

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Right??? I dream of being able to hear them in the wild, I think it would be the most beautiful thing to hear those angelic trilling voices drifting across the vast emptiness of the Never Never! But they're elusive and nomadic and their range is so huge, and they are sadly quite rare now so my chances of that are pretty much nil. But it's a dream I have ... ๐Ÿ’–
I love seeing birds in the wild but the princess parrot lives in the same arid outback areas as the budgies and tiels do. We would have to travel far away from our comfy coastal towns to get a chance to see them.
Your from Brisbane, right? Nice city to visit, it's the furthest north I've ever been in Australia, too hot for me to work in my industry at my age.
I grew up in Melbourne, lived in Tassie for a few years, Canberra for a little while and currently live in Adelaide. I'd love to see budgies and/or tiels in the wild one day in their huge flocks. I would have to drive at least 3 hours north in the right time of year and get lucky. Who knows maybe one day

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month ๐Ÿ†
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
What a delightful thread! Such a great collection of precious Princess stories, the occasional tutorial, and shared tales (tails? no!) from other members...
My Rickeybird is cute, too.
Like the time he...
And then there was the day that he...
Oh, and of course, the time that...

Anyway, we love you Peachie. Keep it comin'!

SailBoat

Supporting Member
Jul 10, 2015
Western, Michigan
Parrots
DYH Amazon
Yeah, Peachie is loyal to Lovejoy alright. But for a handsome rooster like Zenek, she might just be prepared to make an exception! ;)

Right??? I dream of being able to hear them in the wild, I think it would be the most beautiful thing to hear those angelic trilling voices drifting across the vast emptiness of the Never Never! But they're elusive and nomadic and their range is so huge, and they are sadly quite rare now so my chances of that are pretty much nil. But it's a dream I have ... ๐Ÿ’–

Cute Peachie pic for tax, she's just such a pretty girlie!!

View attachment 56818
Wow, she is truly back to full-on healthy Girl! Her beauty radiates!
Peachie your breaking hearts around this World, Girl!

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
I love seeing birds in the wild but the princess parrot lives in the same arid outback areas as the budgies and tiels do. We would have to travel far away from our comfy coastal towns to get a chance to see them.
Your from Brisbane, right? Nice city to visit, it's the furthest north I've ever been in Australia, too hot for me to work in my industry at my age.
I grew up in Melbourne, lived in Tassie for a few years, Canberra for a little while and currently live in Adelaide. I'd love to see budgies and/or tiels in the wild one day in their huge flocks. I would have to drive at least 3 hours north in the right time of year and get lucky. Who knows maybe one day

Yes, I'm *in* Brisbane, but I'm *from* England! Have lived in Queensland for all but about 18 months of my life though, so am very accustomed to the heat. I've visited Adelaide and Melbourne many times and love them (used to work for Ansett and QANTAS so I've done a bit of travel!), but I like Brizzy best because once we get to about September and it gets to 30C, I like the consistency of knowing it's gonna stay that way for at least the next six months!

What a delightful thread! Such a great collection of precious Princess stories, the occasional tutorial, and shared tales (tails? no!) from other members...
My Rickeybird is cute, too.
Like the time he...
And then there was the day that he...
Oh, and of course, the time that...

Anyway, we love you Peachie. Keep it comin'!
Yeah, she really is just the sweetest natured little girlie, a COMPLETE contrast to the velociraptor-ous Rickeybird. Hate to say it, but she hasn't even ever bitten me. Not once. Never ever, I don't even think she'd know how! She has, however, opened up a nice scratch on her dad's head using her VERY sharp claws and then pecked at it to make it bleed. And gone back the next day to re-open the wound. OMG, she's got a taste for blood!!!! :eek: :eek: :eek:

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Not sure what's going on over at K-Mart right now, but I am ALL FOR IT!!! Just ordered these - aren't they nice?? :love:

peachiecushion.jpg

peachieplates.jpg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
They also do princess parrot (and galah) tea-towels!! I got them a few weeks ago...

peachieteatowel.jpg

I'll have a house full of Peachie stuff at this rate!! ๐Ÿ’–

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Clearly the buyer has an eye for a true beauty!!
As does the original artist! And all items come with the Official Peachie "Squawk" Of Approval! Or is that a yawn??

yawnypeach.jpeg

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
I am going with a "Squawk" Of Approval!"
Me too, Uncle Boats, I think she's MOST impressed by all these artistic tributes being paid to her! ๐Ÿ’–

OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Oh my! Death to the blackberries! ๐Ÿคฃ
Right?? I don't know how much she actually ingested, but she sure did enjoy murdering them!! :eek:

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Gave Peachie some fruit today, some pear and her favourite blackberries ....

View attachment 56984
Oh the carnage!!
View attachment 56985
Ahaha Peachie loves it...
And guess what...

I OWN A PRINCESS PARROT... ๐Ÿ˜

20231231_154915.jpg

Meet Frankie. I'm not sure of its sex so I just gave it a neutral name. In the bird store they had blue ones and a yellow one but this one was the one that was most comfortable with me. It's not afraid of my hand, it steps up and perches on my shoulder, it doesn't bite either. It's only been a few hours but so far Frankie has been very chill with me and my cockatiel

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Oh my goodness this little princess parrot is soooo cooool.
I'm just admirining its details, the pink socks, the blue rump, the two tone green wings, the pink and black undertail, the pink throat, like wow, I think I'm in love. It's hard to get all its features in one photo.

20231231_161629.jpg

It seduced me in the bird shop with its placid nature. It calmly perched on my arm as I tested other potential suiters.
So far it's given me a few little chirps and I love the sound of it... Its only about 15 weeks old and is at full weight I think at 100 grams, 10g more than my tiel. I hope it's a boy and develops that blue cap but I'm happy either way.

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Awwwwwwwwww!! Congratulations @Free as a bird, Frankie is a beauty!! At 15 months, Frankie would be older than Peachie, who is just turning 12 months old now. And right on cue she's started moulting into her adult plumage and I've been vacuuming up SO many of her feathers that I could use them to make another bird! So, if Frankie is that age already, I think I'd be fairly confident in calling her a "she". You may have read that males have a funky little "spatula" at the tip of the third primary flight feather, and I would think Frankie would have grown those by now if she was a rooster. The bird pictured here also has a much more vivid blue rump than Peachie...

JJfyVZC.jpg

Peachie has also just dropped one of her main tail feathers, which I've just measured at 23cm long. Now she may grow adult tail feathers which might be slightly longer, but the rooster's tail feathers are longer again, probably by a good 6 or 7 cm or so. Males also have a much brighter coral-red beak and an orange iris. So I could be wrong, but I think based on that i would be reasonably confident in saying that Frankie is a hen. And a very pretty little one at that!! ๐Ÿ’

Free as a bird

Jul 29, 2023
Parrots
2 cockatiels
Awwwwwwwwww!! Congratulations @Free as a bird, Frankie is a beauty!! At 15 months, Frankie would be older than Peachie, who is just turning 12 months old now. And right on cue she's started moulting into her adult plumage and I've been vacuuming up SO many of her feathers that I could use them to make another bird! So, if Frankie is that age already, I think I'd be fairly confident in calling her a "she". You may have read that males have a funky little "spatula" at the tip of the third primary flight feather, and I would think Frankie would have grown those by now if she was a rooster. The bird pictured here also has a much more vivid blue rump than Peachie...

JJfyVZC.jpg

Peachie has also just dropped one of her main tail feathers, which I've just measured at 23cm long. Now she may grow adult tail feathers which might be slightly longer, but the rooster's tail feathers are longer again, probably by a good 6 or 7 cm or so. Males also have a much brighter coral-red beak and an orange iris. So I could be wrong, but I think based on that i would be reasonably confident in saying that Frankie is a hen. And a very pretty little one at that!! ๐Ÿ’
Sorry i meant to say 15 weeks old.
I've heard about those spatula feathers and we'll see if they develop over time along with the red beak and orange iris if its a boy. But hen or rooster I'm happy either way ๐Ÿ™‚

Last edited:
OP
LaManuka

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Sorry i meant to say 15 weeks old.
I've heard about those spatula feathers and we'll see if they develop over time along with the red beak and orange iris if its a boy. But hen or rooster I'm happy either way ๐Ÿ™‚

Oh, well in that case you really could have either a hen or a rooster! So many happy years ahead for you two, I'm looking forward to following your journey when you start up a new thread for Frankie - it's such a wonderful way to chronicle all of her important milestones :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts