Dec 22, 2011
New York
Parrots
*Yoshi* Goffins Cockatoo
* Rosie*Rose Breasted Galah
*Stella*Hyacinth Macaw
*Baby*Catalina Macaw

*Multiple Parakeets*
Okay since every one is saying no, I'm going to be the one who disagrees. I grew up with 7 parrots an took 2 into my home. Now, I have one. Let me tell you 7 is alot. Its a lot of fun, lot of work, lot of mess, lot of noise, but its also hectic and hard to divide attention. 2 was great, they stuck together, we took one to "pick out" the other bird, they had thier ups and downs, it gave one for my hubby and one for me to bond to. It was easy to care for and divide attention between. However, it was twice the nose and the mess. Now having one parrot it is much cheaper and easier tog give all my attention too, but being a working nanny of 3 kids, I don't have much attention to give, and personally I wold get a second bird, but I am renter and one bird is enough for a landlord. One bird allows me to spoil it to death and take it every where without being a huge nuisance. Two birds provide me with more company and differnt personalities. They're like kids pretty much and that does mean at the times they wont always get along. They will also be costly an headache giving and messy. But they will bring you joy. there are some parent who want one kid, some that want three and there's that 19 kids and counting show.Its your choice, you just have to have the funds and patience for it.

I agree, If you have the time , room , and of course the proper funds to be able to vet them when needed , its a awesome experience to have multiple birds.

I have worked out a great schedule that allows me to give each one of my birds the affection and time they need .
If they don't feel like being affectionate they can climb on their tree stands and play with their toys for most of the day as long as one of us are in the house at the time. If I go outside , sometimes they come along , I have perches scattered around the property. I try to include them in whatever I can.
But I don't feel guilty if there is a day we have to leave the house for several hours because I know they like to have vocal interaction with each other and I do feel they find companionship being housed near each other.
I do think they entertain each other too , lolol.
My Stella now mimics the dogs, she had my looking for one of my dogs who sounded like she got left behind one of the many gates in the house...
But she was already outside , lolol.

When we come home , there is a chorus , lololol.
Between the birds , the dogs and maybe the cats if they feel like it , its pretty heartwarming to say the least , lolol.

I think its a decision that only you can make , to have multiple birds.
But please remember , its a LIFE LONG COMMITMENT !!

Just my opinion , a parent of four birds :)

Most Reactions