Is 24 hours long enough?

patch

May 14, 2012
Parrots
Nanday mutation
On Sunday my family is going to be cleaning a carpet in one of the rooms downstairs with some sort of solution. My bird and I are taking off at 2 pm to my sister's, and we won't be returning home until probably 5 pm or later (depending on traffic, urgh) on Monday. The room has opposing doors and two windows that'll be open to help air out the room. Do you guys think we'll be alright, or should we spend two nights away? Should I have my room aired out too before we come back? I already plan on cleaning his cage when we do get back.

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Though I'm not a sister, I've a;ways thought that most always had something to talk about, at least the girls around here do, even with texting, social media & their cell phones.....

Without the brand of carpet cleaner, one would just have to speculate & hypothesize on its safety, so why not err on the side of safety & enjoy your sister's hospitality an extra night.....

goalerjones

Oct 24, 2011
Parrots
Hahn's macaw, RIP George, Jenday Conure
I agree with weco. Make sure it is well-ventilated while you are gone.

OP
patch

patch

May 14, 2012
Parrots
Nanday mutation
I found out it's bissel, the cleaner with the scotchgard added in. It worries me so I've decided to spend one extra night away with him. My family started the cleaning hours earlier in the morning than I planned, but the earlier it gets done the sooner we can go home. I wish I'd known about the scotchgard before the cleaning started, but now it's on the carpet and there's little I can do about it right now. :(

The room it's done in is big and open so hopefully after two nights it'll be okay?

Last edited:

Most Reactions

Latest posts