is cherry ready for a bath????

himansh4u

Apr 13, 2013
hello.
i am a bit worried about cheery guys.
he is trying to scratch his head with his toes and also licking his nails.
i am constantly changing his beddings. but still he has his urine all over his tail.
i have been cleaning his claws with dettol and they are clean.
scratching his head gives me a worry.
should i give his a bath??
he is only 4 wks.
is he ready for a bath yet???

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
I don't see a huge issue in giving him a small misting, but keep him warm after this very warm. We're did you get a four week old baby that is really not the greatest idea...

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Ahhh, JT, you've not been paying attention.....Cherry either fell out of or was pushed out of its nest in an area park, and was lucky enough to be rescued rather thhan become a midday snack for local a dog, cat or monkey.....

If memory serves, the ambient temp is about 75-85F right now, but not sure about A/C.....considering the circunstances, Cherry is doing really well.....

Jtbirds

Banned
Banned
Mar 6, 2013
Pennsylvania
sorry i have not had time to read a bunch of back posts just trying to help on newer ones i see, i am really glad you got him then i was gonna say a baby at 4 weeks what the heck... thanks for the catch up weco!

MrSquak

Feb 14, 2012
GuangZhou China - Hong Kong
Parrots
Tango: Alexandrine
Talon: congo african grey
Himansh, my alex parrot scratches his head all the time, just part of being a bird I think. As long as it is warm out, yes I think it is ok to give him a misting or a bath. Just make sure he dries off quickly, maybe wrap the bird in a towel for a few minutes.

ivysaur

Jul 30, 2012
Parrots
Ivy: Canary-winged Parakeet (Brotogeris versicolurus)
I used to work at a wildlife rehab center. Baby birds are always gross! Wipe him off the best you can but he'll molt out into cleaner feathers soon enough.

Melandkids

Feb 24, 2013
Media
Florida
Parrots
Athena -blue crowned conure
Zeus - sun conure
Josey- B&G
What kind of bird is cherry? That is awesome you saved him. Not sure if I could handle a small one. I would be so scared.

Most Reactions