is pumpkin filling ok to give to your birds?

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
Pumpkin seeds are very healthy for birds, and my husband wanted to know if you can give your birds pumpkin filling?(with no additives or preservatives)

I never thought of it until he asked this question.

do any of you give your birds pumpkin filling?....

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Yes it is fine to give them!!!! I have a friend who give her birds whole baby pumpkin during Halloween. :)

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
I wouldn't give canned pumpkin, but feeding birds pumpkin is fine

6257465599_9eccbdda45.jpg

image source

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
Pumpkin filling has spices and stuff so I wouldn't feed it to them but pumpkin puree as well as pumpkin itself is fine (my birds love pumpkin and they get a lot of it in the fall)

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
How about pumpkin size to bird size ratio? For a green cheek conure would it be safe to place one of those tiny heirloom pumpkins for her to chomp on all day? Will she over eat and get sick?

OP
crimson

crimson

Oct 8, 2012
Media
Ontario,Canada
Parrots
Senegal-Martini,1 pineapple conure~ Kahlua,1 GCC~ Flare, spl/b, 4 Lovebirds Halo,Tye-Die,Luna,Violet,8 Cockatiels,Num Num&Tundra,8-Ball&Angus,Magnet&Sunkist,Pearl, Blush, 1 gouldian finch, 7 canaries
ok thanks, I'll get some from Natures Emporium, which is a huge organic health food store.

(at least we have one good store here, lol)

Pajarita

Banned
Banned
Jul 11, 2013
How about pumpkin size to bird size ratio? For a green cheek conure would it be safe to place one of those tiny heirloom pumpkins for her to chomp on all day? Will she over eat and get sick?

No, the only thing parrots overeat is protein sources.

Most Reactions

Latest posts