Is she just unsettled or does she have separation anxiety?

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
We have switched all our upstairs around under Albies watchful eye. But she seems to have become very screamy and frantically contact calls if we leave the room. She then becomes really moody and aggressive when we come back in like she's punishing us for leaving the room.

Tonight when i got out the car i vould her her calls and she sounded so panicked even though mr stitch was in the room with her.

Is it time for a vet trip or does anyone have any ideas on how to settle her down ?

4 way borbs

Sep 26, 2023
Media
Waukee Iowa USA
Parrots
Smokey | Athracite parakeet
Sky | cobalt, albino, yellow parakeet
Andy | Green texas clearwater
My Sky boy has seperetion anxiety with Andy and it HORRIBLE when shes only 5 feet away

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Ona is a full on velco bird and has days when she is like this. Sometimes I make her some birdie tea with chamomile to try to calm her. Usually she comes out of it somewhat eventually. I hope little Albie feels more like herself soon.

TulsiBlueVana

Oct 17, 2023
Media
Parrots
Tusli= Black-Capped Conure x1
Ona is a full on velco bird and has days when she is like this. Sometimes I make her some birdie tea with chamomile to try to calm her. Usually she comes out of it somewhat eventually. I hope little Albie feels more like herself soon.
Do you just steep chamomile tea for her and give it in a bowl like water? I’m so intrigued and I dabble on herbs and flowers all the time.

onamom

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 9, 2022
Indiana, USA
Parrots
Ona: Dilute Green Cheek Conure
Do you just steep chamomile tea for her and give it in a bowl like water? I’m so intrigued and I dabble on herbs and flowers all the time.
Sometimes I give her just dried flowers or dried mix without any water. Other times I take a mug with water and warm the water for 30 seconds, add the dried flowers to it, and serve it to her with them still in. She loves to eat the tea mix out of the water.

TulsiBlueVana

Oct 17, 2023
Media
Parrots
Tusli= Black-Capped Conure x1
Sometimes I give her just dried flowers or dried mix without any water. Other times I take a mug with water and warm the water for 30 seconds, add the dried flowers to it, and serve it to her with them still in. She loves to eat the tea mix out of the water.
I love this! Thank you🌼

Most Reactions