I hate waiting

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
So, i have FINALLY convinced mr stitch to get another bird!

But. We need permission from our landlord. I emailed the letting agent who has passed my request on to the landlord and now we gotta wait. I am so impatient! Like ridiculously so .

If we get a yes itll be late October (booooo) but it means i will have tomw to find the right bird for us .

Just wonder how Albie will feel gaining a new burbling

Albie has been doing great . We have figured out the trigger to the nasty bites
She only does it when mr stitch is dressed to leave the house because shes perfect any other time amd i think it's because she was a lockdown bird and mr stitch worked entirely from so was with her all day where as now hes in the office 2x a week so shes preemptively punishing him for leaving . Not sure how to fix that but its something at least

Attachments

• 20230707_104657.jpg
    20230707_104657.jpg
    326.2 KB · Views: 24

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
Congratulations on the future new family member, that's so exciting! I'm so happy to hear you're figuring things out with Albie, and BTW, it's great to see you back! :)

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
So, i have FINALLY convinced mr stitch to get another bird!

But. We need permission from our landlord. I emailed the letting agent who has passed my request on to the landlord and now we gotta wait. I am so impatient! Like ridiculously so .

If we get a yes itll be late October (booooo) but it means i will have tomw to find the right bird for us .

Just wonder how Albie will feel gaining a new burbling

Albie has been doing great . We have figured out the trigger to the nasty bites
She only does it when mr stitch is dressed to leave the house because shes perfect any other time amd i think it's because she was a lockdown bird and mr stitch worked entirely from so was with her all day where as now hes in the office 2x a week so shes preemptively punishing him for leaving . Not sure how to fix that but its something at least

Aaahhhh, like so many of us you've finally fallen victim to MBS (multiple bird syndrome) then, huh? I hope you get a quick response from your landlord and all the very best of luck when you go looking for you new baby 💖

ravvlet

Jun 25, 2019
Seattle WA
Parrots
Kirby - OWA, 33yrs old (2019-)
Broccoli - Dusky Conure - 3?mo old (July 2023 -)
~~~
(Rehomed) Sammy - YNA, 45 yrs old (2022-2023)
(RIP) Cricket - Cockatiel (2019-2022)
Excited for you! I hope your landlord responds in the positive!

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Albie - Pineapple Green Cheek Conure - Hatch date 14 Dec 2019 - Gotcha date - 4 March 2020
Hi Albie!! Ona and I miss you. Congrats on getting a new birdie! I hope you hear back from your landlord soon.

How did you convince your hubby?! Asking for a friend… 😂
I made it his idea 🤣

saxguy64

Staff member
Super Moderator
Apr 24, 2018
Media
Albums
Maine, USA
Parrots
Tucker the Red Sided Eclectus
Baxter the YNA
Avery the CAG
Patches the Grand Eclectus, my best friend. RIP
Cuckoo the BFA RIP
YAAAAAYYYYYY! Exciting news!!! 😁😁😁❤️❤️❤️

Last edited:

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
I am excited for you. I have 2 conures. My Jenday really perked up sense getting my Sun. They don’t share a cage as I wouldn’t know what to do with babies. They do sit right next to each other through cage bars.

Are you getting another conure?

Last edited:
OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
Yay!!!!! Congrats! I am SO curious to see how Albie does with getting a new flock member since she is so similar to Ona in many ways.
Me too.

She gets excited seeing most other birds on you tube and stuff, although she HATES indian ring necks with the intensity of a thousand suns

She actually dive bombs me,the phone, the laptop amd lunges at me rather scarily to get rid of them 🤣

OP
Stitchthestitch

Stitchthestitch

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Feb 9, 2020
Manchester, uk
Parrots
I am excited for you. I have 2 conures. My Jenday really perk up sense getting my Sun. They don’t share a cage as I wouldn’t know what to do with babies. They do sit right next to each other through cage bars.

Are you getting another conure?
We are undecided yet as we are struggling to find dnd tested female green cheeks either breeders sont do it or they will only do it on your chosen bird for a large fee and non returnabke deposit which would screw us over if the chosen baby was a boy .

we really do not want any accidental babies

Most Reactions