psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
Hi all. I’m concerned about my Quaker.

She took a bath in her cage about half an hour ago. I had talked to the vet about helping her sinuses, as she had started sneezing a few times per day with no discharge or other red flags.

They suggested a “sauna bath”, basically starting the shower for steam and sitting in the bathroom with her for a few minutes to give her some moisture and help her nose.

Since the usual bath and the “sauna” today, she has been acting very sleepy. She sat on my shoulder for a bit, and after that, she’s been on the same perch puffed up, for about the last 20 minutes. She keeps closing her eyes like she wants to go to sleep, and she has a foot tucked, but she is awake.

She’s been known to take naps every now and then, but not when I’m in the room which I am now, and this was just so sudden. A few minutes before she got sleepy, she was loving her bath, talking and playing. Is she okay?

P.S. she did have a bit of a long day yesterday. I took her to get her nails trimmed and pick out some new toys. The store I take her to to get her nails trimmed is a two hour round trip from us. So maybe she’s just tuckered out from that? She is also only a year and a half old, so I’m still getting to know her usual behavior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 22

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Keep a close watch on her weight. A loss of more then 3-4% I would see the vet. See how she is doing tomorrow.

Most Reactions

Latest posts