psitticine

Dec 23, 2022
Parrots
Chichi (2021 - 2022)
Rainy (current)
Hi all. Iā€™m concerned about my Quaker.

She took a bath in her cage about half an hour ago. I had talked to the vet about helping her sinuses, as she had started sneezing a few times per day with no discharge or other red flags.

They suggested a ā€œsauna bathā€, basically starting the shower for steam and sitting in the bathroom with her for a few minutes to give her some moisture and help her nose.

Since the usual bath and the ā€œsaunaā€ today, she has been acting very sleepy. She sat on my shoulder for a bit, and after that, sheā€™s been on the same perch puffed up, for about the last 20 minutes. She keeps closing her eyes like she wants to go to sleep, and she has a foot tucked, but she is awake.

Sheā€™s been known to take naps every now and then, but not when Iā€™m in the room which I am now, and this was just so sudden. A few minutes before she got sleepy, she was loving her bath, talking and playing. Is she okay?

P.S. she did have a bit of a long day yesterday. I took her to get her nails trimmed and pick out some new toys. The store I take her to to get her nails trimmed is a two hour round trip from us. So maybe sheā€™s just tuckered out from that? She is also only a year and a half old, so Iā€™m still getting to know her usual behavior.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    311.8 KB · Views: 22

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Keep a close watch on her weight. A loss of more then 3-4% I would see the vet. See how she is doing tomorrow.

Most Reactions

Latest posts