Is this a true Red Factor Sun?

DonnaBudgie

Supporting Member
Jan 24, 2023
Windham, Maine
Parrots
Budgies. Lotsa Budgies.
I am currently located on the other side of the US. I live in North Carolina, so I'm quite a bit away.
That's a bummer. Did you look at Sybil's threads of her three baby Sunnies? The parents are pretty red and so are her babies. Maybe you can compare your potential baby with pics of hers.

OP
L

LiquidJ

Jun 22, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek
Cockatiel
That's a bummer. Did you look at Sybil's threads of her three baby Sunnies? The parents are pretty red and so are her babies. Maybe you can compare your potential baby with pics of hers.I

Yeah, that's quite a drive and I don't really like having babies shipped because I worry it would put too much stress on them. They are absolutely adorable!

I have compared them, but honestly the more I make any comparisons, the harder it is to tell. The major difference I can see if that they have a little bit of orange on their wings, which I do not see on my baby.

OP
L

LiquidJ

Jun 22, 2023
Parrots
Green Cheek
Cockatiel
Bumping for curiosity. I am picking up my baby in two weeks, so hopefully I will be able to provide pics. Still deciding on a name for her.

zERo

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 9, 2021
Media
Texas
Parrots
Tony-Green QP(M)
Tom-Pineapple GCC(M)
Milly- Sparrow (F)
Bumping for curiosity. I am picking up my baby in two weeks, so hopefully I will be able to provide pics. Still deciding on a name for her.
Aw! How exciting!
You should make her a thread when you bring her home so you can document your progress with her and post pictures of her growing up!

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
What does the baby look like now? I only just saw this šŸ™ƒ

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
Question, more than a comment here. I have a sun with a lot of white flight feathers. At first I thought it was a medical issue. I wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong. When I asked a vet they said a lot of things can cause these issues. When a green cheek and sun conure mate they create a different colored conure then we are used to seeing was an example used for me. Then when someone buys the green cheek sun conure babies they may think itā€™s a sun. When that green cheek sun gets bred again this becomes a rinse and repeat situation. May I ask if these are hybrid parrots?

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Question, more than a comment here. I have a sun with a lot of white flight feathers. At first I thought it was a medical issue. I wanted to make sure that nothing was wrong. When I asked a vet they said a lot of things can cause these issues. When a green cheek and sun conure mate they create a different colored conure then we are used to seeing was an example used for me. Then when someone buys the green cheek sun conure babies they may think itā€™s a sun. When that green cheek sun gets bred again this becomes a rinse and repeat situation. May I ask if these are hybrid parrots?
They are not hybrid parrots. They are sun conures. Their parents are sun conures and their parents parents are sun conures too. A conure can have white flight feathers from stress.

kme3388

Sep 17, 2021
Minnesota, USA
Parrots
Eclectus Parrot: Nico (male)
Jenday Conure: Kiwi (female)
They are not hybrid parrots. They are sun conures. Their parents are sun conures and their parents parents are sun conures too. A conure can have white flight feathers from stress.
Thank you for the feedback. I was just mentally curious how that works. I know there are some beautiful macaws that are hybrids. I wasnā€™t sure if that happens here too.

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Here are pictures from today of the babies.
Thank you for the feedback. I was just mentally curious how that works. I know there are some beautiful macaws that are hybrids. I wasnā€™t sure if that happens here too.
usually people that do hybrids breed jendays with sun conures but they donā€™t get these colors. Those are called Sundays šŸ˜‚ which is cute.

Sybil

Oct 20, 2021
Parrots
Sun conure
Here's a thread with baby suns which are all believed to be red factors, you can try comparing them? And maybe @Sybil can chime in here.
That baby does look like a red factor. šŸ˜

Most Reactions

Latest posts