Is this bird book worth buying?

A Helping Wing

Jul 23, 2010
New York
Parrots
Too Many To Count
My husband ordered the "birdtricks.com" disc set (paid a lot for it), half the discs don't play and I understand the concept (it's a lot of what we do here) but I thought the presentation was poor.

The other two I don't know about but I'm interested in the 'Discover an Explosive New Parrot Training System'.

Spiritbird

Banned
Banned
Aug 20, 2009
Media
Like some other members here I did lots of research and downloading from the internet and attended classes on parrot care. Then I made a binder with various subjects pertaining to greys. Now it is my resource. I use it and do not purchase other training books or DVD's.

parrotqueen

Jan 14, 2010
Media
United States
Parrots
Pineapple & Sunshine--Gray/wildtype male cockatiels
So, it's like a parrot training Bible that you consult whenever you want to train Rosie? Cool idea, SB!

Jeanne, I think you should ask for your money back. If half the discs don't play, that's ridiculous. Did you have any successes at all with the discs that did play? I've read some great reviews on these CDs so I'm suprised about your bad experience.

bobkery

Jul 31, 2010
Miami
hey hello friends...i am new to this forum and really find this forum interesting and informative..
regarding the topic i have read different birds related books and i am great fan of it...i will soon upload the names too

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
I bought the birdtricks.com dvd and really it's the only reason I think I have Peeps today. It's what makes him the perfect little buddy! :D I was able to buy it for 49 bucks.

Bobby34231

Jun 25, 2010
Media
Albums
Sarasota,Florida
Parrots
Quincy - Blue Throated Macaw, Skittles and Dusty - Rose Breasted Too's,
Joey - Yellow Crown Amazon, Ashley - CAG
I wondered about the birdtricks videos as well since I keep getting unsolicited emails and see the ads everywhere now, so I asked at my last bird club meeting if anyone tried it and I too got the response from one member that its pretty much a revamp of a lot of info already out there, and that a couple of their DVD's didn't play either, one that I can recomend from using first hand is Barbara Heidenreich's videos, you can find all the info at goodbirdinc.com hope that helps.......:)

Mrspy

Jul 13, 2010
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure: Kiwi

Pacific Green Rumped Parrotlet: Peeps
It worked for me. :) Actually I think all I really wanted to do was tame Peeps, not trick train him. Many of that guys techniques for training suck because it's all based on huge birds like macaws and there are SO MANY birds out there that the techniques didn't work on(he had a forum and a lot of people complained about it not working) But his taming techniques were nice. :)

antoinette

Supporting Member
Jul 6, 2009
Media
Sunny South Africa !!!
Parrots
African "Grey"
"Mishka"
Male
7 Years old
What I do is surf the net, regarding topics I am interested in, seek the best I find, print and bind them, same as SB (my twin).
Laie_23.gif

My Birdie Bible consists of various section from
training / diets / recipes / behavior / etc etc etc

Works for me
bd3.gif

Robin and Pilot

Aug 8, 2010
Media
Cupertino, CA
Parrots
Black Headed Caique
I just ordered the birdtricks DVD set and am now very curious to see if they all work--with my parrot as well as in the DVD player!! (Good thing they have a money back guarantee. ...although they have an A- BBB rating.) Since ordering, I have received a couple of very helpful emails with audio links of short information/instruction on different aspects of parrot care. As a first time "baby bird" mommy of a very active Caique, I need all the help I can get, and I like the idea of learning how to teach tricks and do things to keep him entertained, stimulated and active. ...and hopefully it will strengthen our bond. Keeping my fingers crossed!

Most Reactions