Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
The main thing to look at with cage sizes is the bar spacing. 1/2 or 5/8" would be good for a Green Cheek. I couldn't find the spacing on the eBay ad. In the larger bar spacing that is meant for a large species they can get their head caught. Rare, but you do hear of it happening.

Last edited:

alcmene

Jan 16, 2014
Alabama
Parrots
sun conure- Lucy
cockatiel- Mr Peabody
It is my understanding that there is no such thing as "too big." The more room they have to stretch out, the better (as long as the bar spacing is appropriate). If the food bowls are too big, just buy different ones

MamaFuzz

Oct 7, 2013
Pennsylvania
Parrots
GCC - Chico
Senegal - Indy
The bar spacing says about 2 cm. 1 inch is 2.5 centimeters so I'm thinking it would not be the best for a green cheek. I think it is odd that the bar spacing is the only measurement in centimeters and the rest are in inches.

Peeko

Dec 12, 2012
I converted the bar spacing from cm to in because my country uses in, and its about .7 inches wide. I don't know what that is in fractions because math and I aren't friends, but the bar spacing would be your main concern.

As for the size itself, my green cheek has a cage larger than the one in the listing and he absolutely loves it! Bigger cages allow for more perches, toys, and things to keep them occupied during cage time.

Mariahh0721

May 9, 2013
Milan,mi
Parrots
Sun conure "Akiro"
Indian ring neck "Ollie"
Indian ring neck "kiwi"
Green cheek conure "squeakers"
CAG"Barney"
that doesn't seem big thats the size both my green cheek and sun conure are in I've never had any problems with size before, but i guess its different with all birds

OP
skypros

skypros

Jan 18, 2014
Bend, Oregon
Parrots
Conure, Cinnamon Green Cheek "Shasta"
Thank You all for your input...... I put her in the cage..... and she seams like she likes it. The bar spacing is 3/4" measured center to center.... Or 5/8" from bar to bar.
I went out and cut manzanita branches and have started "furnishing" the cage.... I hope there isn't anything wrong with fresh manzanita???

Here are a couple of pictures of Shasta and her new cage.

Attachments

• photo(52).jpg
    photo(52).jpg
    99.8 KB · Views: 1,867
  • BirdCage.jpg
    BirdCage.jpg
    101.1 KB · Views: 13,854

Most Reactions

Latest posts