It has begun!

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
All my best thoughts are with you and yours!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
Levi was born at 2:26 am 5lbs 8oz. He is in the special care unit but NOT in the NICU thank God. His lungs just need a leeetle extra help at the moment.

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
good to hear it's gone well! Hope Levi is holding up okay!

Try not worry too much about things, I had to have assistance breathing after I was born. Story goes about an hour after birth I just sort of gave up so needed to go into an incubator thing, and I'm still here (mostly) sane.

Now just remember you've just had your first child and as such the doctors will be aware you may be shall we say 'irritable' so a light stabbing against the doctor insulting your birds wouldn't be entirely unwarranted.

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
Congratulations to you and husband Dani. Welcome little Levi.

f0c55fdbdafcfaacc2dcb567b7cb08f6.jpg

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Eclectus, CAG, BH Pionus, Maximilian’s Pionus, Quakers, Indian Ringnecks, Green Cheeked Conures, Black Capped Conures, Cockatiels, Lovebirds, Budgies, Canaries, Diamond Doves, Zebra Finches, Society F
New hatch
Should be blond with brown eyes split to blue, possibly blue eyes as mother may be split ;)

Levi Logan, and this baby will be staying with us for good ;)

1171b96ace03af9a82006456285cf368.jpg

plumsmum2005

Nov 18, 2015
England, UK
Parrots
Lou, Ruby, and Sonu.
Fly free Plum, my gorgeous boy.
We will wait a few sleepless weeks and see if you want to re-home him LOL

He's gorgeous!

Aquila

Nov 19, 2012
Philadelphia
Parrots
Sydney - Blue Front Amazon
Gonzo - Congo African Grey
Willow - Cockatiel
RIP:
Snowy, Ivy, Kiwi, Ghost - Parakeets
Berry - Cinnamon GCC
Congrats! Hopefully you can rest up and enjoy your time with the new baby, and get home swiftly to rejoin the flock! You've got a lot of work ahead of you but I think you'll be just fine. Looking forward to more pictures of the whole family.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
New hatch
Should be blond with brown eyes split to blue, possibly blue eyes as mother may be split ;)

Levi Logan, and this baby will be staying with us for good ;)

1171b96ace03af9a82006456285cf368.jpg

Wow! Congratulations, Dani! Levi Logan, eh? Very strong name. I like it! And if the decibels match the visuals, I'm betting the voice is every bit as strong.

"New hatch
Should be blond with brown eyes split to blue, possibly blue eyes as mother may be split" Hahahahahahahaha! High comedy!

Hoping you and your baby boy will be home soon!

Mariar

May 9, 2014
Clearwater Florida but grew up in Wisconsin
Parrots
Doolie,Yellow nape amazon(r.i.p.03/10/15)
Sissy,severe macaw(rescued on 03-16-15) chirpy,sparrow(beak less) jack,Jill,chase,fiona,finch, and tiger,sulfer crested(rescued 04/15/20
Omg dani....hes beautiful! Loving the name! Sending you lots of love and hugs.

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
Welcome to the world, little Levi!

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
More drama today... Somebody snuck out of the aviary while being fed!

Madison thought an adventure was in order and again; I'm not home to take care of them! Pray for me you guys; the stress of not taking care of them myself is making me crazy.

Thankfully Maddie is very chill and sweet and tame and also bonded tightly to Kahili who did NOT escape. My poor mother took pics and directions on catching her and ultimately she is spending the night in the house because i suspect she spent the whole day outside with no food or water.

On a positive note; see her pretty feathers??? Some of you may remember that Maddie is a special needs bird who has either had a stroke or some other sort of neurological damage and is quite weak and clumsy. When I got her she was also mostly bald!

fc35b6a76d925f246a36d77b529632a1.jpg
a743a513c30476ddef9ea7b4e3cba353.jpg

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
And I know it's a bird forum but....

bf0444b14c1e0ee399f31143e0490903.jpg

LordTriggs

May 11, 2017
Surrey, UK
Parrots
Rio (Yellow sided conure) sadly no longer with us
More drama today... Somebody snuck out of the aviary while being fed!

fc35b6a76d925f246a36d77b529632a1.jpg

"hello there friend, it appears I have entered into a predicament and need some assistance"

Good to hear she's okay and has her feathers all back after her issues, and also good to hear that all is well with Levi

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
I'm glad too; but after a now 10 day hospital stay, I'm QUITE ready to be back in the drivers seat where my birds are concerned.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
This may be a parrot forum, but you keep those pics of Levi Logan coming!

Maddie is indeed looking beautiful! She has obviously flourished under your care.

Were your mother and husband able to figure out how she managed to escape?

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Discharged!!! On my way home to my family/flock/pack/pride!

Levi still needs to stay here for a bit longer so I'll still be spending most of my time in the hospital but at least I won't have people coming in to poke and prod me every 3 hours!

f2087f722031cc928fa48317294efb9b.jpg

OP
SilverSage

SilverSage

Sep 14, 2013
Columbus, GA
Parrots
Oh, and to add to the interesting situations going on around here;

-our cages haven't arrived yet, so we have to buy all new ones in time for Irma. We aren't going to be hit hard enough to really worry, but even high winds with rain mean we have to bring the flock in out of the aviary. Anyone have 20 extra cages laying around?

-speaking of Irma, if Savanah gets evacuated a freind will be staying with me. And her husband, two kids, 3 dogs, 6 cats (she has a few fosters at the moment), and 11 birds. Thank God her kids are not just well behaved but good with animals! Oh and her oldest just had major surgery this week; talk about bad timing! Of course remember

-WE STILL DONT HAVE OUR HOUSEHOLD GOODS/FURNITURE

Ok. Now that I have complained lol.

Most Reactions

Latest posts