Its a Mango-versary!

Iridal

Apr 28, 2018
Parrots
Sun Conure - Mango (hatched May 2017)
Its been just over a year since we got Mango. And what a year! He drove me near crazy to the point of thinking I'd have to get rehome him for my own health, but I always knew I could really do that. Desperate thoughts though, so if you have them, you have my sympathy. :rolleyes:

ANYWAY, things we learned in the first year:

- Mango is officially a boy and super healthy
- Mango might have been a fighter pilot in a past life, he loves to fly and he's an acrobatic, "buzz the tower" kind of guy... also, super cocky, Maverick would be proud
- He loves my singing, which is good, since I do that a lot
- My husband is the fun one and I'm the one that gets more cuddles.... I've done all I can to help that man set boundaries but in the end its up to him.... and bless his kind heart, the dogs still don't listen to him :54:
- My parents really like him so he can come home with me any time... he's got a second cage at their place and everything (my dad seems to like pets with spunk, and Mango has tons of that)
- I'm pretty much a pirate, I do everything with a small parrot on my shoulder... even playing the violin, as long as he doesn't try to chew on it :mad:

This next year I'm sure he'll hit his first big horomonal phase so that will be fun, but he doesn't seem overly bonded to anyone and we keep him on a tight 12 hours of sleep a night (or more, sometimes he's worn himself out) regardless of time of year. So hopefully it won't be so bad.

Guess he'll be around for the next 20+ years. :orange:

noodles123

Jul 11, 2018
Parrots
Umbrella Cockatoo- 15? years old..I think?
Happy anniversary and congrats on not getting divorced :) lol
Sounds like you both put in a lot of work! The hormonal period is real, so warn everyone ahead of time!

Here's to wishing you many more happy years together *cheers* (holds up imaginary glass)

ChristaNL

Banned
Banned
May 23, 2018
NL= the Netherlands, Europe
Parrots
Sunny a female B&G macaw;
Japie (m) & Appie (f), both are congo african grey;
All are rescues- had to leave their previous homes for 'reasons', are still in contact with them :)
Happy Mangoversary, *raises glas* and for many more to come :)

Jen5200

Mar 27, 2017
Media
Albums
Washington State
Parrots
Baby - Sun Conure;
Tango - GCC;
Bindi - Sun Conure;
Stanley - Pineapple GCC;
Screamer “Scree� - Cockatiel;
Tee - Pineapple GCC; Jimmy - Cockatiel
What a year! And many more healthy years to come :) You’ll do fine with puberty - sounds like you know what to expect, and are preparing yourself for it.

Aratingettar

May 29, 2018
Poland
Parrots
Sun t̶e̶r̶r̶o̶r̶i̶s̶t̶ C̶o̶n̶u̶r̶e̶ terrorist Cytrynka (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fiona (F),
Peach faced lovebird Fionek (M)
Happy Mango-Versary, and welcome to the Pirate Club :orange:

reeisconfused

Aug 11, 2018
Parrots
rescued IRN Max and Cockatiel Honey
Isn’t it so wonderful how our lives change when we become a parront and how we grow and love together! Here’s to more wonderful and exciting years. *raises glass* :)

Most Reactions

Latest posts