its snowing!!!!

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
the biggest snow flakes i have ever seen are falling as i type!! the budgies are out of their cages and are sat by window watching the snow as if hypnotized! its pretty cute!

i love snow!! :cold:

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I have only ones seen snow, I was 5 and in bed with chickenpox and I wasnt allowed to go outside.:( It was just a little bit thou.

PLEASE - PLEEEEEAAAASE take some photos and share.
please.gif

OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Angel the blue and gold macaw, mimsy the lesser sulphur too, rocky the galah & willow the blue crowned conure.
here's some pics just for you wildheart! my dogs love the snow too xxxxxxxxxx

Last edited:

SharonC

May 26, 2010
Snow is so pretty, when it's falling...and such a pain to clean up afterwards.:rolleyes: We haven't had much yet, and what has fallen has later melted. I hate snow...but I'll post a pic when we get a storm and we will!!!

Last edited:
OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
Sow is so pretty, when it's falling...and such a pain to clean up afterwards.:rolleyes: We haven't had much yet, and what has fallen has later melted. I hate snow...but I'll post a pic when we get a storm and we will!!!

yes and blizzards in some places!! its meant to last 2 weeks but i'm hoping for a white xmas!!

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I have a friend in Massachusetts and he usually sends me photos but he hates the snow. He ones send me a photo where the snow was so high that it reached the second floor windows of their house. (I battled a bit to describe that - my English is not to delishes today.
sFun_tonguestuck1.gif
)

I can just imagine how much work it must be too clean that up! :eek:

The movies always makes the snow look like sooo much fun.:D Thanks for the photos, your dog almost disappeared in the snow.:D

HRH Di

Jan 9, 2010
Media
McKinney, TX
Parrots
Max - Alexandrine, Jade - Red-Front Macaw, Ruby - CAG
Living in Texas, I sometimes miss the snow around the holidays...for about 30 minutes.

I grew up in Montana where snow is measured in feet vs. inches. The temps would commonly be -20F and as cold as -60F with the wind chill (there wasn't anything to block the Arctic winds except a few caribou). Snow arrived in mid-November but sometimes as early as Halloween and would last into April; I remember a huge blizzard on May 15th one year.

Given all of that, I've put my time in dealing with snow. But it would be fun to just spend a day or two in knee deep snow dragging a tobogan up the hill with hot chocolate or apple cider waiting at home and a thick, hot beef stew simmering on the stove.

SharonC

May 26, 2010
I agree...it looks great on TV. Have you noticed that although the actors often stand in falling snow, they never get wet, cold, or have ruined makeup. A day or two would be fun...your thought of the toboganning, hot chocolate and a hot meal brings back nice memories for me. Maybe we need to be children again!

OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
i remember one winter when i was a child and me and my brother went out playing in the snow, we were freezing cold and wet and when we got home my mum had layed out our pajamas by the fire to warm and had mugs of hot chocolate and marshmallows ready. x

Bettymonroe

May 19, 2010
FLA
Parrots
Lookin for a new friend!
ahh its wonderful i to have only seen snow once. Here in Florida im wearing shorts and t-shirt..lol..its overcast today. but still in the 80s

Pheonix Rising

Oct 9, 2010
New Zealand
Parrots
Pheonix-Alexandrine parrot
1 September 2010
mikki- barrarand x king parrot
21yrs young ;)
Mel the 2nd picture looks like you made a snowdog and just left his head sticking out lol soooo cute !
We never get snow in this part of nz which is cool but also a bummer
gotta drive about 7hrs to be anywhere near snow and that's in the middle of year for us
Xmas it sunshine and sunscreen , beach and BBQ

Least we don't have to deal with those dreaded holiday sweaters lol

apatrimo94

Jun 15, 2010
Media
Hudson Valley, New York
Parrots
Bartleby-Pearl Cockatiel
S'mores-Albino Parakeet
Ahhh, I love snow (except for the shoveling)!!! Since I'm in New York, we get plenty each year. We didn't get snow yet but we will soon. last year, we had it snow 4 days straight. It was a nightmare! We had no school for 4 days because the snow was too deep. It was waist deep for me. I don't mind snow, just not too much. I'll be sure to post pics when it snows.

wildheart

Banned
Banned
Mar 16, 2010
South Africa
I agree...it looks great on TV. Have you noticed that although the actors often stand in falling snow, they never get wet, cold, or have ruined makeup.

And that is the exact reason why I stupidly convinced myself that our winters are WAY colder than yours. It snows and the people are OUTSIDE?:eek: I never go outside during our winters - I rush from the one heater to the next and still go blue of the cold. Our winters average between 41 at night and 64 during the day. This winter gone by we had one night that dropped to 23 and I almost died.

The winters by Kruger Park are completely different, it is the same as Gauteng summer averaging between 61 at night and day time 78.

I cant wait to see some photos.

Last edited:

Von1983

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Media
We had snow this morning - it is a VERY poor smattering!!!!!

Can't say I am sorry, the snow affects our business WAY too much for me to like it!

I spent numerous winters as a child having to literally dig out of the house due to the high winds putting it against the front door.....not for me! lol

OP
mellykyitus

mellykyitus

Oct 22, 2010
Media
south wales UK
Parrots
just a hard frost this morning, its freezng. the guinea pigs water bottles had frozen solid! they said on the weather last night that were expecting blizzards in the south next week!!!! x

Most Reactions

Latest posts