Ivan our new foster

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
So this is Ivan the brown throated conure. He has had it a little rough and isn't overly trusting of people any more. He did spend most of the day hanging out on one of the table top stands with Loki. I was surprised Loki tolerated him in his space for so long. He is underweight but is starting to put it on again. Ended up as a foster since he wasn't doing very well with the amazon noise in the shelter. So far he seems much more settled in our quieter home.

veimar

Feb 5, 2014
Chicago, IL
Parrots
gcc Parry; lovebird Coco; 3 budgies (Tesla, Franky and Cesar); cockatiel Murzik, red rump parakeet girl Onyx
Oh poor thing… He looks so sad an mistrusting. He feathers don't look good either, but he is a beautiful bird. Hope he becomes happier in your home. :)

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Awww Poor Ivan! I'm glad he finally had a chance at a better life. Do you know his story or his age? Can anything be done for his beak? I'm sorry, Victoria, I'm a sucker for needy birds. Thank you for adding this little guy to the growing list of birds you've made such a big difference for.

Selestine

Jun 18, 2013
Glendale, AZ
Parrots
My beautiful SI Eclectus Zephyr and my handsome B&G macaw Vandal, daughter's Sun Conure Loki and son's GCC Blaze
Poor guy :( Is that scissor beak, or something else? I think people have had some luck treating scissor beak with sessions of grinding the beak into the correct shape (by an expert).

Sounds like your sweet Loki has a soft spot for those in need!

OP
riddick07

riddick07

Dec 22, 2011
PA
Parrots
Blue & Gold Macaw (Titan) & Yellow Naped Amazon (Kelly)
Ivan has a long story and bounced around a lot. Been in several rescues and foster homes.

He is not nice at the moment and if he could bite we would have some bad ones already. Though he can get some decent pinches in with that thing. He has a scissor beak that has actually been worked on quite a bit already which tells you how bad it was before...we consider the fact that he can close it now success... I believe Ivan is older but not positive on the exact age. He reacts well to me compared to everyone else. I told them already the only way I would keep him is if Loki tolerated being caged with him since I don't want another conure cage!

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Awww...poor baby! Bless you for helping him!

JellyBean

May 19, 2014
Limerick, Ireland
Parrots
Green Cheeked Conure called JellyBean
It is so heart warming when you see a bird given such a chance in a great new home... let us know how he gets on! I hope Loki continues to tolerate Ivan....

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Bless his heart, I am so glad he came home with you. I hope he and Loki will tolerate each other in the same age so he can stay with you:)

Most Reactions