I've always wanted an African Grey! <3

ScooterV

Dec 14, 2015
I'm not an expert on a bird, but others are helping there. However, having been in the Navy for 14 years myself I think you should really think about it before making any decision regardless of what kind of bird you decide on. I know the AF doesn't move you around as much as the Navy does, but you still move and have no idea where you may be in six years. Will you get sent overseas where you can't bring the bird at all, or a long quarantine? Even if on a deployment 3-6 months, that's still time away. What if another war develops and you are gone even longer? An Arabic linguist is in high demand. You didn't mention if you are also air crew, but if so then even higher.

Thank you for your service, and I hope you love serving as much as I did, but my personal opinion would be to wait until you are out, or at least on a twilight tour and know you're out soon. Getting one now, and then having to give it up would be heartbreaking. If you are sure at least your husband will always be Stateside it may work, but if I ever had to go overseas long enough I'd rather bring my spouse than leave them home.

Best of luck to you!!! Thanks again for your service!!!

Most Reactions