Java Tree Pics.

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thought I would show some pics of Bucc and his Java Tree, the original post is here:-
Bucc and his Java Tree

Since getting this for him, he spends so much time on it, talking to the birds outside, then when I move it in the evening so that he is in the same part of the room as we are, he will talk to the wonderful Grey that he can see on the other side of the room, (A mirror) He goes crazy playing with his toys, and has now realised that he can undo them and throw them clear across the room. :D Fine unless we have visitors and one of the toys manages to come in contact with visitors head, Bucc then spends ages laughing, which in the end will end up with visitor laughing along with him. Thankfully.

JavaTree4.jpg
JavaTree3.jpg
JavaTree2.jpg

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
Its so nice to see Bucc is still around. I am theinking of getting my boy one of those trees, but that will be later, he is still so dumb with those big feet, he'll fall right off when he tries climbing around. You should see how he falls around in his cage, so the tree will have to wait till his about 7 months old, hopefully:D . Anyway good to see you had a little time, we sure missed you!!!

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
Thanks Wilma, its been a bit crazy aruond here the last 2 days. I've been up the hospital all morning with my daughter having physio, and then yesterday my son was sent home, after doing something to his foot, this morning we had to take him to casualty. Hopefully all hospital is over for a while now. I hope.

Anyway Bucc loves his tree and will spend all day on there, he can sit at the window looking outside, and then in the evening we just move the whole thing down to the other end of the room to where we all are, he's one happy bird, which means I'm one happy Mama. :D

Eclectica

Oct 8, 2006
Media
South Africa
Parrots
Dory - Cockatiel
You know what im jealous about, that we dont have those 'biong' thingies here! It looks so cool, and i hear that birds love giong up and down that thing!

What toys are those, is some of them home made, or did you get it from the baby stores? I want good strong toys, but thats not too expensive.

Some easy made homemade toys for birds would be appreciated if you have any info on how to make them yourself. I am not a great DIY, but can throw together something if not too difficult.:)

OP
P

Peta

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Sep 7, 2006
I'll get some bits posted for ya. All of the ones on the Tree were hand made, from a free gift that I got when I ordered the Tree. I'll look up the links and get them posted. :D :D :D

birdcrazy

Oct 6, 2006
Media
Orlando, FL / Austin, TX
Parrots
Misty ~ Cockatiel,
Sidney ~ Jenday Conure,
Paulie ~ Blue Crowned Conure
Eclectica said:
You know what im jealous about, that we dont have those 'biong' thingies here! It looks so cool, and i hear that birds love giong up and down that thing!

What toys are those, is some of them home made, or did you get it from the baby stores? I want good strong toys, but thats not too expensive.

Some easy made homemade toys for birds would be appreciated if you have any info on how to make them yourself. I am not a great DIY, but can throw together something if not too difficult.:)
aww how sad here is a websight where you might be able to order one
http://www.perchfactory.com/category.html?UCIDs=1218445 and I'm sure there are alot more here places like pet co and petsmart don't carry them you have to go to a special bird stores to get them.

bill

Jul 2, 2006
victoria,Australia
Parrots
lorikeets and gc conures
I would love something like that for dobby. I think she would love it but I have not seen them around in Oz before.I will have to look harder I guess.:) :)

Most Reactions