Jingle likes to tunnel

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Hi All,
I need help with a toy for Jingle or maybe I don't.
On the back of my couch I have a pillow (from the bed) and a blanket. Jingle likes to tunnel between the pillow and the blanket and on occasion he tunnels between the pillow and the pillow case. Is there some type of toy I can make him where he can tunnel in his cage? I was thinking large PVC pipe or the large cardboard tubes but they may be too slick inside. Any other macaws out there like to go tunneling?

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
Severe's nest in the cavities of hollow trees.

They tend to LOVE those cat tunnel things. It resembles a hollow log.

Te Amo's favorite playstand was actually a tall cat scratcher/climber with a hollow tube hanging in the middle. Put it on top of an end table, and he's got a nest up six feet...

I know Fargo likes cat tunnels.

I tried it out in the store with mine, but neither seemed interested.

OP
Dopey

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I just bought two new cat trees and my cats want nothing to do with them. Maybe I can get Jingle interested in at least one of them. :D

Birdman666

Sep 18, 2013
San Antonio, TX
Parrots
Presently have six Greenwing Macaw (17 yo), Red Fronted Macaw (12 yo), Red Lored Amazon (17 y.o.), Lilac Crowned Amazon (about 43 y.o.) and a Congo African Grey (11 y.o.)
Panama Amazon (1 Y.O.)
I just bought two new cat trees and my cats want nothing to do with them. Maybe I can get Jingle interested in at least one of them. :D

Well, that's typical.

If there is a way to temporarily just zip tie wooden branches to the thing so he can easily just run from level to level, just to test it out, you're probably golden. Especially when he discovers the tunnel/swing hollow log nest...

Then, even if the cats were interested in it? Too bad! It's MINE!

tab_xo

Aug 9, 2012
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fargo- Blue and Gold Macaw
Ta daaaa!

Cat trees are brilliant for birds!

And yes, Fargo does love tunnels, he sits in the cat tunnels and has a long cardboard one which he walks through for a trick.. I am sure I have pictures somewhere of it.. :eek:

OP
Dopey

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I need to give an update on Dopey.
I have been sick for several weeks now. Chronic cough. Strong steroids (which affect my fibromyalgia) and antibiotics - just to have the cough come back. I'm not really feeling bad...just coughing and it is bothering my co-workers. :rolleyes: So, bosses, family, friends, and co-workers are making me take it easy so I don't get to do too much when I get home. :( So I'm not getting extra projects done. But Oh, I think my kitties just lost their play stands and the birdies just got a huge one. Wow oh Wow - Fargo - what a lucky birdie you are.

Most Reactions

Latest posts