Juicing for parrots?

Robinrae

Apr 1, 2013
I was interested in what you guys think about juicing for your birds? I recently bought a juicer and was thinking about some special "birdie" blends I could make. Do any of you juice for your birds? If you do what do they enjoy? Or do any of you think juicing would be non-beneficial to our feathered friends?
Any ideas/input would be appreciated!

weco

Nov 24, 2010
USA
Parrots
Nanday, suns, parrotlet, Patagonian
Hmmmm, Jack LaLanne for birds.......

Featheredsamurai

Aug 24, 2011
California
Parrots
African Greg
2 cockatiels
Juicing is fantastic and very healthy. I did a 14 day juice fast and since the. I' e been eating healthier and feeling better. I don't see why it wouldn't benefit our birds(not the fasting part!).

A juice ice cube would be a great treat on a hot day, and if your bird is willing to drink it that would be a healthy little treat as long as your careful with your choices.

BillsBirds

Jan 9, 2012
Largo, Florida
Parrots
Timneh African Grey (Bailey), Lovebird (Elvis)
I use juices with my birds as a softener for pellets, an ingredient of birdy bread, and an occasional drink treat. Just remember that some fruit, and some veggie juices, will give your bird watery, runny poop. Or odd colored poop.

vinnyb123

Mar 4, 2013
As long as they are eating some solids as well. Watch to much fruit because it is high in sugar if given in large amounts.

Most Reactions

Latest posts