July POTM Contest!

PipnMe

Jul 21, 2017
PA
Parrots
Pip the Pineapple GCC
Hatch Date: May 20, 2017
Here is baby Pip in his "balancing" pose.

Attachments

• IMG_4072.jpg
    IMG_4072.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 217

GaleriaGila

Parrot of the Month 🏆
May 14, 2016
Cleveland area
Parrots
The Rickeybird, 40-year-old Patagonian Conure
JUST FOR FUNS

QVi0MZq.jpg

The bird displays disdain in this "mooning"-like pose

x5QgC2g.png

The bird pretends to contemplate the meaning of life but in reality is fantasizing about the hen who laid it.

BW1LKyy.jpg

The bird pretends to stretch while subtly making a rude gesture.

Di4oVtU.jpg

The bird perches on a yoga mat... er... yoga bowl and stares at the parront,
threatening to repeat all the overheard foul language in front of neighbors

FYDkZIH.jpg

Self-explanatory.

Please accept the Yoga-bowl Stool Pigeon Pose as our official entry...

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Last few hours to squeeze in an entry before the submission period closes!

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Due to the ongoing Photobucket situation, 4 of this month's participants have entries that are no longer visible. (For anyone unaware of PBGate, Photobucket recently upped the price of sharing photos via their website onto others from FREE to a whopping $400 per year! No transition, just a 400% increase in rates. And anyone who fails to pay this rather exorbitant extortion charge is at risk of having all of their PB links across the internet deactivated. Just gives you the warm and fuzzies, doesn't it?)

In consideration of this rather unusual situation, I am postponing the poll to give our four affected members a chance to move their entries to another photo sharing site (or to add their photos directly to their forum album and use that as a sharing medium). As such, this thread will remain open and anyone who would like to add new entries can do so.

I'll close the thread and put up the poll either as soon as the four affected members are able to get their entries back up, or by noon tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

Our heartfelt appreciation to all of our participants (entrants and voters alike) for your patience and understanding at this time.

PL84

Jul 12, 2017
Finland
Parrots
2x CAG, 2x YWA, BFA, Mealy, Festive, Hyacinth, B&G, Greater Vasa, 2x Lesser Sulphur Crested
Due to the ongoing Photobucket situation, 4 of this month's participants have entries that are no longer visible. (For anyone unaware of PBGate, Photobucket recently upped the price of sharing photos via their website onto others from FREE to a whopping $400 per year! No transition, just a 400% increase in rates. And anyone who fails to pay this rather exorbitant extortion charge is at risk of having all of their PB links across the internet deactivated. Just gives you the warm and fuzzies, doesn't it?)

In consideration of this rather unusual situation, I am postponing the poll to give our four affected members a chance to move their entries to another photo sharing site (or to add their photos directly to their forum album and use that as a sharing medium). As such, this thread will remain open and anyone who would like to add new entries can do so.

I'll close the thread and put up the poll either as soon as the four affected members are able to get their entries back up, or by noon tomorrow. Whichever comes first.

Our heartfelt appreciation to all of our participants (entrants and voters alike) for your patience and understanding at this time.

In addition, i suggest using imgur (Imgur: The most awesome images on the Internet) it's free and looks like it's going to stay free too. People usually think imgur is for posting pics for everyone to see but it's not like that, every uploaded pic is hidden by default and shown only with correct url, it's easy to use and you can link pics from there to forums without any problems.

And a little disclaimer, i dont use imgur or i dont have anything to do with it. I'm just recommending it, it's easy to use for "technically unskilled" people too + there is IOS / Android apps to upload the pictures straight from your phone.

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
attachment.php

I didn't think about my entry photo being taken down by PB, so here it is again:)

Last edited:

PL84

Jul 12, 2017
Finland
Parrots
2x CAG, 2x YWA, BFA, Mealy, Festive, Hyacinth, B&G, Greater Vasa, 2x Lesser Sulphur Crested
The dog ate my home work. Some friends came in from out of town, I ran out of gas', my tux was in the cleaners , the earthquakes, floods, LOCUSTS !

But we got one entry in!

The Hanging Rabbit

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture17065-salty-al-9-11-16-jpg.html

Aaaand here is the image :)

wrench13-albums-salty-pics-picture17065-salty-al-9-11-16-jpg.jpg

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Y'all are the best! That's 2 out of 4 of the lost entries, plus Al and Salty sliding in with a last minute entry! I'm going to hold off on posting the poll until the latest tomorrow afternoon in the hopes of getting Chris-md and Swittie23's entries back as well.

Thanks again, everyone!

Last edited:
OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
The (adjusted) submission period is now over. Thank you to all who participated, and again for the understanding and patience as we've worked through this Photobucket situation.

Please remember to go and vote! Here is the polling thread: http://www.parrotforums.com/photo-month-contest/70083-july-2017-potm-poll.html

In the hopes that Chris-md and Swittie23 work out the situation with their pics, I have included their names on the poll as well. Either of you can post your pics here and I'll make sure they are placed in the appropriate place on the poll thread.

OP
Anansi

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
The "downward bird" pose

What a beautiful shot of your 'tiel in yoga pose! Love it! Unfortunately, the submission period for July's POTM is over and the voting has already begun.

Thank you for your submission, though. Contest or no, we always enjoy a good birdy pic!

Most Reactions