Just an ordinary Thursday....

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
Or so I thought as the day started. Was feeling normally, nothing stood out as different or unexpected. The day progressed quite normally.
I am a twice over cancer survivor if some of you didn't know. Chemotherapy really did me in and put me on disability. So my days REALLY are the essence of SSDD.
So six o'clock rolls around and out of the blue it felt like someone was repeating stab my stomach with an ice pick. Pain got really bad really fast so I call an ambulance.
Wake up the next morning in the hospital with a bacterial stomach ulcer.
Tomorrow I get a endoscope to see if I can eat food again finally. If the scope and eating goes well then I may get to go home later on Monday or possibly Tuesday.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
Or so I thought as the day started. Was feeling normally, nothing stood out as different or unexpected. The day progressed quite normally.
I am a twice over cancer survivor if some of you didn't know. Chemotherapy really did me in and put me on disability. So my days REALLY are the essence of SSDD.
So six o'clock rolls around and out of the blue it felt like someone was repeating stab my stomach with an ice pick. Pain got really bad really fast so I call an ambulance.
Wake up the next morning in the hospital with a bacterial stomach ulcer.
Tomorrow I get a endoscope to see if I can eat food again finally. If the scope and eating goes well then I may get to go home later on Monday or possibly Tuesday.
I'm so sorry to hear of this, @Jexnell, it sounds like you've had a very frightening experience, in addition to it being a very painful ordeal. My best thoughts and healing wishes are with you, and prayers for your full and speedy recovery 🙏🙏🙏

OP
Jexnell

Jexnell

Supporting Member
2x Parrot of the Month 🏆
Jul 28, 2019
Portland Oregon
Parrots
Phoenix - Sun conure
All went well and now back home.

The test was amazing. Apparently they have real time x-rays now. So here I am drinking the dye and watching it move thru my guts on the monitor....
Was released at 2PM Tuesday. Have two weeks of pills to take and some follow up DR visits to do.
While I hated every second of it, it has freed me from my Nicotine addiction. 36 years of smoking
Surprisingly I actually have no craving, no nothing.
I tried so many times over the years, and just couldn't kick it.

LaManuka

Staff member
Super Moderator
Aug 29, 2018
Media
Albums
Queensland, Australia
Parrots
Fang ({ab}normal grey cockatiel), Valentino (budgie), Jem (cinnamon cockatiel), Lovejoy(varied lorikeet), Peach (princess parrot)
All went well and now back home.

The test was amazing. Apparently they have real time x-rays now. So here I am drinking the dye and watching it move thru my guts on the monitor....
Was released at 2PM Tuesday. Have two weeks of pills to take and some follow up DR visits to do.
While I hated every second of it, it has freed me from my Nicotine addiction. 36 years of smoking
Surprisingly I actually have no craving, no nothing.
I tried so many times over the years, and just couldn't kick it.

@Jexnell, I'm so glad you're home! Seems it may have been an "ill-wind" that blew you some good - that's amazing that you've been able to give up smoking as a result of this! What great news, I'm so very happy for you!

Most Reactions