Just another day/night of shenanigans

smbrds

May 17, 2016
Media
Central Florida
Parrots
Normal (or not so!) Grey Cockatiel
Gave Baby some veggie spaghetti for dinner and he took a nap. Wanted me to come in by contact calling screams, ringing his bells, and he ate some of his food. Then he got it on with his perch earlier :rolleyes: and decided to play. Close to bedtime almost and just settling in...he does a cute little chirp once I enter the room and we play peekaboo.

I took him out with him on my hand and we kept saying "pretty bird" back and forth and I'd make kiss sounds and he would make chirpy sounds, then bobbing our heads. I put him back in, gave him fresh cold water to drink and he's just chillin' out. In a minute he will "contact" me again and he'll be ready go to bed, grinding his beak and we would make squeaks as a way to say we are nearby, in contentment. Wish I could get moments like these on videos, but alas, timing is everything and only to be enjoyed right then and there....

Such a good boy...

:grey: Only we parronts can understand why we have fids...

Last edited:

Inger

Parrot of the Month 🏆
Mar 20, 2017
Everett, WA
Parrots
Bumble - Pacific (or Celestial) Parrotlet hatched 02/19/17
I love the sweet chirpy beak grindy sounds Bumble makes when she's falling asleep. There's a chair right next to her cage, and sometimes I sit there and just listen to her sounding so content. Then I'm happy that she's happy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Scott

Supporting Member
Aug 21, 2010
San Diego, California USA, Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
Parrots
Goffins: Gabby, Abby, Squeaky, Peanut, Popcorn / Citron: Alice / Eclectus: Angel /Timneh Grey: ET / Blue Fronted Amazon: Gonzo /

RIP Gandalf and Big Bird, you are missed.
A good boy indeed, Shawn! Baby seems the perfect companion, so full of personality and communicative.

Most Reactions

Latest posts