Just because the blue eyeliner is amazing!

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
All female Solomon Island ekkies do. And yes, I do believe that they keep it.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
The only two sub-species that have the blue eye ring in the females are the Solomon Island and the Red-Sided. The Red Sided is a little less pronounsed and bright than the Solomon. Yes they keep it their whole lives.

The ones where you don't see it are either Vos, Grand or more likely a cross.

Anansi

Staff member
Super Moderator
Dec 18, 2013
Somerset,NJ
Parrots
Maya (Female Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Jolly (Male Solomon Island eclectus parrot), Bixby (Male, red-sided eclectus. RIP), Suzie (Male cockatiel. RIP)
Hmmm... I didn't realized the red-sided ekkies got them as well. Good to know.

OP
labell

labell

Feb 17, 2014
East
Makes me want one of the beautiful girls and the pet store that I go to has two females right now. Ugh!

They are amazing and their beauty to me is unrivaled but I know you are moving into a much smaller space and have a cockatoo. I can tell you from ones I have seen, if kept in the same room or small space with the real powder down birds they don't care for it. That powder gets on them and they are constantly trying to preen it off. Plus you think amazons are messy with their food eclectus can fling and wipe like you wouldn't believe!:D

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Thank you. I don't want to cause them any problems. I'll stick with my too and just enjoy the looks of yours. (Or I will try to.:D) My worst problem child right now is my Too. I came home yesterday and her water bowl was on the floor of her cage. Last night she was trying to take the screw out of her cage. :rolleyes: Who knows what I will find tonight.

Most Reactions

Latest posts