just bought a quaker parrot

adil

Nov 8, 2014
hii i just bought a 5 to 6 month quaker parrot . i have had it for 10days now i have trimmed its feathers and just started bathing it by spraying water on it and it looks like it loves it . i also opened its cage for quite a few hours a day and let it out to explore .

my problem is it still doesn't seem to let me too close to it or hold it i don't wat it is that am not doing right it freaks out wen i go near it i hope someone has some advice for me as its my first bird

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Hello and welcome! Congratulations to you and you're new quaker. It doesn't sound like you are doing anything wrong, some birds need more time to adjust than others. Here's a good link with some bonding tips:

http://www.parrotforums.com/general-parrot-information/49144-tips-bonding-building-trust.html

And a couple more you may find helpful:

Quakers - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

General Health Care - Parrot Forum - Parrot Owner's Community

Good luck with your quaker, have you given him/her a name?

Wvbirdlover

Jul 18, 2014
Hello, and welcome to the forum. I have a three 1/2 month old Quaker. I was having the same issues, and have used the methods provided in the links. Touch training, and the pressure method, really seemed to work for me. Mine would come and give me kisses, so I incorporated my hand inbetween my face and him. I kept leaning in for kisses, and before he knew it, my hand was there too.. Lol. Now we've progressed to step up training away from his cage. Is yours talking at all? What did you name your baby? We all love to see pictures too! :)

OP
A

adil

Nov 8, 2014
thanks . no i haven't named it yet i don't no wat sex it is yet need to get it dan checked . no it doesn't talk at all .

Most Reactions