Just took duke a bath

rebel619

Nov 29, 2011
San Diego CA
Parrots
Blue Crown Canure
Well gave duke:green: his first bath in the tub in Luke warm water about 2 inches deep, he was kind of freaked out at first but he starded to mellow out after a minute. I don't think he enjoyed it much but it might just be that he/she is still a baby? Anyway took duke out dried him up with a towel, scratched him/her for a lil gave him/her banana he yelled for a little and now him/her? Decided to take a nap

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
How sweet!
Keen LOVES taking baths in her water dish and I gave her a bath in the sink the other day. She was a little weirded out, but once she realized it was WATER to BATHE in she was jazzed!
Are you going to have a DNA test to find out if you have a boy or girl?

OP
rebel619

rebel619

Nov 29, 2011
San Diego CA
Parrots
Blue Crown Canure
How sweet!
Keen LOVES taking baths in her water dish and I gave her a bath in the sink the other day. She was a little weirded out, but once she realized it was WATER to BATHE in she was jazzed!
Are you going to have a DNA test to find out if you have a boy or girl?

Eventually, it will have to be after christmas, I have a lot of nieces and nephews:/

everdusk

Oct 27, 2011
Nova Scotia, Canada
Parrots
Marzipan (Hahns Macaw) & Pip & Monte ('tiels) // In Memory: Countess ('tiel), Primrose (GCC), Pauly, Star, Yoshi & Keitaro (budgies)
Haha, see my bird (still a baby!) tries to get into EVERYTHING wet. So when I wash my hands she's in the sink, when I'm eating soup she tries to go in, etc. It's actually pretty dangerous, I have to put her away when I'm boiling water!

Sylver

Nov 3, 2011
Perth, Australia
Parrots
Sun Conure named Halo.
Halo had a bath last night, too. He sat on my arm and had a sook until he was dry. I'm not sure why, because he seemed to be having a lot of fun under the tap!

halodx.jpg

andrea.faerie

May 16, 2011
North Carolina
Parrots
My lovely little Black Cap Conure, Lucy (in the sky with diamonds) <3
birdie baths are great haha Lucy and Bleu have a shower perch in my bath tub :) Lucy showers with me, I just move the perch out of the way when I'm washing my hair so she doesn't get soapy. She loves it! I haven't tried it with Bleu yet... he's not too keen on the idea of "wet" haha I mainly just clean his feet every few days incase of poo and such... Maybe one day he'll enjoy a shower too. Both fids LOVE my hair dryer though hahahaha

Remy

Jul 13, 2011
California
Parrots
Darcy (Golden-Collared Macaw), Puck (Caique - RIP)
Awww cute!! I take Puck in the shower with me.

Customcasket

Aug 24, 2011
Media
New Jersey
Parrots
Female Dusky Conure (Kayak) Female Sun Conure (Carlisle) Female Budgie (Meister) Male Budgie (Spooky Burd)
I take Kayak in the shower with me. She likes to whistle her head off in there on her little shower perch. Occasionally she'll take bath in there, she prefers her water bowl after she's made "soup". That's her ideal bath water. Carlisle likes to bathe in the bathroom sink with the water running. He spreads his wings out and does his own little thing. He makes the happiest little noises while bathing. Sometimes I'll catch him in his water dish, but unlike Kayak he dirties fresh water himself instead of making soup and then bathing.

Mamanda

Oct 17, 2011
Media
Central Oregon (Paradise!)
Parrots
Keen: female, YSGCC & Opi: male, Pied Cockatiel & Milo: male, Timneh African Grey
I take Kayak in the shower with me. She likes to whistle her head off in there on her little shower perch. Occasionally she'll take bath in there, she prefers her water bowl after she's made "soup". That's her ideal bath water. Carlisle likes to bathe in the bathroom sink with the water running. He spreads his wings out and does his own little thing. He makes the happiest little noises while bathing. Sometimes I'll catch him in his water dish, but unlike Kayak he dirties fresh water himself instead of making soup and then bathing.

That's such a funny visual.

Most Reactions