Keep the good ideas coming please !

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
:D Must thank u guys ,
l took my round bird cage back to pet shop the seller was happy to exchange it for a bigger square shaped cage . This one Wow ! its the best payed an extra $160 but it will last for ever so happy with the feed back , l think we don,t take time to think just about the birds needs in the long term . All l was thinking was my bird will sit on T stand or be with me But their will be days l my not be home & to keep him safe he need a big cage !
Think l am ready now if any one can tell me if their is some other thing we may need ( for good health ect or safty please share !
:rolleyes: :orange:

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
oh i'm gettin excited for you :)

i cannot think of anything right now, as i am not sure what you have already :) if your getting a young bird then a harness so you can safely take him out with you etc

OP
brighteyes

brighteyes

Aug 24, 2011
Media
on a farm in south vic Austrailia...
Parrots
The very proud owner of a new baby sun conour !
Hi suebee ,
l have harness . nappy , home grown branchers for chewing and as perches .
Need to find a type of pellet that they will eat as so many say getting birds to eat pellets is tricky !

Zazusmommy

Sep 7, 2011
Media
miami, fl
Parrots
Senegal
harrison's pellets are one of the better quality pellets and they also claim to be organic, i got a sample at my local bird store and my senegal did not love it, i had to put some other seeds he like to get him to even try it, but they have a guide on how to safely switch them over from seeds to pellets.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
if yours is young just don't introduce the seed!

theres a lot of debate over the seed/pellet diet

pellets lower in fat more vitamins etc

seeds high fat less vitamins etc

most important let your birds have a variety, including fresh fruit and veg

ShreddedOakAviary

Jul 13, 2011
Parrots
M2's, U2's, G2's, RB2's, VOS, RLA's, BFA's, DYHA's, Dusky Pionus, Blue and Green Quakers, Meyers Parrots, VOS, GW Macaw's, Harlequin Macaws, Tiels, YNA, TAG's, CAG's, Blue Crown Conures, Red sided Ecl
The best place to get advice on feeding birds is a Yaoo email based Forum called "feedingfeathers", they've been around for years and have great recipes, advice on pellet types and amounts, nutrition as it relates to health problems, etc. A friend of mine works at the Nashville zoo and he use to breed parrots, and he and I developed our bird diets based a lot on this Forum... when he started workig at the zoo he said "wow Christine, they feed their birds exactly the same as we do!" So, it is sound advice. Good luck! :D

Most Reactions

Latest posts