Keiko withdraws

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
so I am missing Keiko:(, I know she is in a great home and is very happy:D and that I did the right thing for her:D but still sad none the less...

Grinder

Jan 26, 2013
East Coast, U.S.
Parrots
Military Macaw - 'Lady",
GW Macaw - "Jazzy"
It's good that you miss her. If not, you should be worried. Making hard decisions are a part of life. You've given her a great chance at a wonderful life. Over all the sadness, let some light into your day knowing if you've done that.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Grinder is so right, Heather!

And I can completely understand the pain in your heart. :( HUGS to you...many of them!!! I don't know how far you live from Mikey, but maybe you can go visit every once in a while??

In the meantime, do LOTS of snuggling with Parker. How is Parker doing? Is he missing her, too?

OP
ParkersMom

ParkersMom

Jan 18, 2013
Nashville TN
Parrots
Parker male BF Amazon hatched 5/2/2012
Charlie unsexed BF Amazon hatched 1994?
Juno Female BH Caique Hatched 6-3-2013
he seems fine Wendy I'm spending and able to spend a lot more time with him...I think that he is the right size and temperament bird for me...if I decide in the future to get another fid I don't think i'll go any bigger than a zon
and mikey is only about 30 mins away...but i'm gonna give plenty of time for her to settle in before I even attempt to go visit but i'm sure mikey wouldn't mind...and I would sure like to me willie too

MikeyTN

Feb 1, 2011
Antioch, TN
Parrots
"Willie"&"Lola"B&G Macaw,
"Dixie"LSC2, and "Nico" Scarlet Macaw.
Sure thing I don't mind! She's settling in quite well!!! Just excuse the house, it's always under construction...lol...We do most of the remodeling ourselves and with us working so much at times it's hard to finish what we've started. Cause we have to tend to the animals, other obligations, and garden....plus we only budget so much per year to do it as we did over $6000 a month ago so my living room suffers as I want to get rid of the darn carpet, the only room with carpet. I absolutely hate carpet with pets cause my dogs ruin it and it stinks no matter how many time I wash it....I have to suffer through it til next spring when we get to rip it and a new driveway....yay!!! :)

Most Reactions