Kiko cut his foot?

SafamirzašŸ¤

Mar 26, 2022
Parrots
Cockatiel
Hello, I have a 2 year old cockatiel named kiko.

I noticed some dried blood on his lower stomach feathers and then noticed that his foot has some dry blood on it too. I think he cut his foot but I donā€™t know how or when. Iā€™m freaking out because I donā€™t know how to prevent him from picking at it (he isnā€™t at the moment) or infections. I donā€™t have antibacterial ointments, only septic powder. What should I do? He isnā€™t in any kind of pain, I touched his foot gently with clean hands, he didnā€™t make any noise or move his foot and heā€™s also walking fine.

NOTE: I got his nails cut a week ago and one of the nails tip lost a drop of blood. Iā€™m assuming this has nothing to do with his foot? Iā€™m asking because the cut is near his nail but he bled from the tip of the nail when it was cut.
IMG_1805.jpeg
IMG_1804.jpeg

Jcas

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month šŸ†
Jan 9, 2023
Parrots
Quaker, 2 budgies
Donā€™t worry, itā€™s not a big a big deal. Birds seem to get little cuts and scrapes on their feet fairly often and it should heal fine on its own šŸ™‚. You may want to take a look through his cage to make sure there are no sharp spots on the cage or any of his toys where he may have cut his foot.

Most Reactions

Latest posts