Kings Aluminum Travel Cages

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
If you've been in the market for a Kings travel cage and were disappointed with the selection things are about to get better.

I am looking for the medium travel cage and it is nowhere to be had in the US so I emailed Kings to find out what's up.

Turns out that their aluminum cage manufacturer closed its doors a couple of years ago and Kings has only just now established another supplier. The first of the new cages will be the smaller 1214 cage which will be arriving within a month. The rest of the lineup should follow though they did not have a delivery date.

Thought you might like to know this.

JerseyWendy

Jul 20, 2012
Thanks a bunch for the heads up, Bill!! :)

Those aluminum cages have been HUGE hits all around as far as I know.

LaurieC

Oct 24, 2014
Zigzag, OR
Parrots
Meyer's Parrot (Maverick),
Cockatiel (Tweak),
Sun Conure (Jack)
Thanks for letting us know about this. I have one of their aluminum travel cages and I have been very happy with it. I recently wanted to purchase a second one so that I could take both of my birds to the vet at the same time, and was unhappy to discover that they no longer carried them. Good news indeed.

wrench13

Staff member
Super Moderator
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Nov 22, 2015
Media
Albums
Isle of Long, NY
Parrots
Yellow Shoulder Amazon, Salty
Bit pricey for a travel cage, no? I am looking for a small cage for salty to spend oh an hour or so outside once it warms up, any suggestions which will not cost me a mortgage payment?

OP
bill_e

bill_e

Supporting Member
Parrot of the Month 🏆
Dec 24, 2015
New Hampshire
Parrots
Nike a Hawk Head Parrot (Deroptyus accipitrinus)
This gets good reviews

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/MidWest-Avian-Adventures-Poquito-Platinum/dp/B0018CDYVG/ref=sr_1_1?s=pet-supplies&ie=UTF8&qid=1459031159&sr=1-1&keywords=poquito+avian+hotel]Amazon.com : MidWest Avian Adventures Poquito Avian Hotel, Platinum : Travel Bird Cages : Pet Supplies[/ame]

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
Good to know Bill, thanks. I got one of the last of the 'old' ones from them. Not a travel cage, but Griffin's home. He was biting the powder coating right off of the bars of his first cage, so I had to get him one of these. I like it, and much less than the cost of stainless steel. One day I might be able to get one for Robin too.

Most Reactions

Latest posts