Kiwi's new cage!

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Kiwi Stardust - a green cheek conure
My Dear hubby bought Kiwi a cage for my birthday! :) So far she loves it! she hops from perch to perch, sometimes flying and she loves to climb up and down the ladder and side bars.

It took her a while to get used to the playtop but after some strategically placed treats and toys she started to hang out up there, causing a ruckus with all her bells and baubles

kiwis-albums-kiwi-stardust-picture9191-kiwi-s-new-cage.jpg

Here she is on her shreddy perch. This is, so far, her favorite shredding toy.

kiwis-albums-kiwi-stardust-picture9192-sitting-her-shredding-perch.jpg

brianlinkles

Aug 17, 2011
Oakwood, Ohio
Parrots
i am the mom of three parrots:
Dorothy- African grey (cag)
Bowie- blue and gold macaw
Nellie- hyacinth macaw
Reggie- hyacinth macaw
Marnie- white bellied caique
Happy belated birthday! I love Kiwi's setup!

OP
kiwiS

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Thanks guys!!! And thanks for the birthday wishes! You're all so supportive and sweet! Kiwi and I are glad we joined this forum :)

I feel guilty saying this, but I find half the fun of owning Kiwi is getting to redecorate her cage every few days and then watching her interact with everything ^.^ Brings back those ol doll house days ! :)

JerseyWendy: My birthday was on the 11th, thanks for asking! :)

thesarahdox

Apr 11, 2013
Parrots
Punku - Green Cheeked Conure
Kiwi looks like she's smiling! They are like different, happier birdies when they have nice roomy cages!! :)

OP
kiwiS

kiwiS

Jun 27, 2013
Parrots
Haha yes she does doesn't she! She lived in a smaller cockatiel-sized cage for the first two weeks we had her and it just wasn't big enough. She's such a busy girl, I'm sure she's happy to have room to run around and scuffle with her toys!

Most Reactions