Kiwi's new hoodie (too cute)!

Kiwibird

Jul 12, 2012
Parrots
1 BFA- Kiwi. Hatch circa 98', forever home with us Dec. 08'
So after measuring and making a more properly sized hoodie, Kiwi was able to stand in his new (manly) hoodie:rolleyes: He looks soooooo cute:D However, I think it's going to take a few times wearing it before he's totally comfortable with the whole concept. He didn't necessarily 'enjoy' being dressed. Of course, Joe can do whatever he wants to Kiwi, so he 'tolerated' it. I will be reviewing some of the harness training threads and work on some of those techniques with the hoodie so Kiwi becomes more comfortable and accepting (especially with having it put on), because I think he really will like it:)

DSC_6476_zps81d109ee.jpg

DSC_6478_zps82cc25b6.jpg

DSC_6479_zpsa6228d42.jpg

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
He is very handsome in his new attire!

I wish I thought I had a chance of getting one on Zilla, but the way she freaks at new things and "new" touching I would probably lose a finger!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
Amanda - do you sew? If so start out with the material big and make it like a birdie hut...something she might want to crawl through. Put a treat at the other end. Then after she has done that for a week or so start cutting it down in size a little bit every week or so. By Christmas you should be able to make it into a hoodie size that she will love having on or crawling into. Yes, it will be work but she will hopefully like it by then.

Amanda_Bennett

Sep 27, 2014
Gresham, OR
Parrots
Zilla 29 Y.O. Orange Wing Amazon
Amanda - do you sew? If so start out with the material big and make it like a birdie hut...something she might want to crawl through. Put a treat at the other end. Then after she has done that for a week or so start cutting it down in size a little bit every week or so. By Christmas you should be able to make it into a hoodie size that she will love having on or crawling into. Yes, it will be work but she will hopefully like it by then.

I do sew, well quilt, I don't make clothes of any sort, but I could try to make a hut or tunnel that she might like to crawl into.

Good idea! Thanks!

Dopey

Apr 18, 2014
Media
Maryland
I do sew, well quilt, I don't make clothes of any sort, but I could try to make a hut or tunnel that she might like to crawl into.

Good idea! Thanks!
Quilting is a lot of sewing and takes a lot of creative thinking. You can make the hoodie and I think you understand what I mean about the hut. If it doesn't work you have lost much but time. I'm sure like any quilter you have some material around that you could spare. :)

RavensGryf

Supporting Member
Jan 19, 2014
College Station, Texas
Parrots
Red Bellied Parrot /
Ruppell's Parrot /
Bronze Winged Pionus /
English Budgie
I love it! That is super cute on Kiwi and looks great (manly lol).

It's nice when you're talented enough to make one, so that it's an original custom piece. No one else has the same one :)

I think I'll follow Dopey's suggestion and get Griffin one.

How Kiwi is with you and with Joe, sounds a lot like how Raven is with me and with Don. I think Don MIGHT be able to get one on Raven, but me, no way. I mainly want Griffin to wear one.

From the website that sells hoodies, the species size chart is crazy, it looks like it's all off.

Kalidasa

May 8, 2013
Media
Michigan
Parrots
1 green cheek conure (Kumar)
2 male budgies (Charlie and Diego)
He's like a pimp without the "P"...an imp :)

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
From the website that sells hoodies, the species size chart is crazy, it looks like it's all off.

Julie I couldn't agree more. I got Bundii the size that was recommended for Alex's and it does not fit. I am not sure that it would even fit a budgie. :D. It is so small. It is labelled the right size but clearly is not suitable for an alex. We are going to trying again. I might even get my mum to try and make one when we are home for Christmas.

Pinkbirdy

Feb 26, 2013
Clifton Springs Newyork
Parrots
macaw,LS2,congo grey,2Blk Hd caiques,Hawkhead,yellowstrk lory,Blue frnt amazon,sun conure ,Yellow sided greencheek ,Goffin ,Rosebreasted Cockatoo,Greenwing Macaw,Blue and Gold Macaw,Nanday conure,Ecle
So impressed he lets you get it on him :)Tequila would be plotting his payback if he had one on!

Bundiibird

Mar 9, 2013
Rockhampton, Qld, Australia
Parrots
Bundiibird - Alex - hatched 31/08/09
& Millie - BFA - hatched 29/10/14 & Willow - CAG - hatched 30/10/19
April you could make your boys matching hoodies. :D. That would be so cute.

Kiwi looks so snugggly in his hoodie and it is a one of a kind. He will be raving to all his birdie friends. :)

4dugnlee

Apr 27, 2014
Ohio
Parrots
Sassy - 13 y.o. Blue Front Amazon, Cisco - 6 y.o. Sun Conure, Peanut - 8 y.o. U2
Fred - 2(?) y.o. Cockatiel, Ginger - 3 or 4(?) y.o. Cockatiel
Too cute...wish I could get one on any one of my fids...lol

WannaBeAParrot

Jul 5, 2012
Media
SE Florida and Sullivan County, NY
Parrots
Cody-Blu, female Blue-Crowned Conure, Hatched - (approx) June 1, 2014, in a South Florida tree.

Pritti (Cherry-Head Conure) -- Fly in Peace my beautiful boy. Forever I'll love you.
Love those pics. Kiwi looks pretty comfy in the custom hoodie.

Taw5106

Mar 27, 2014
Texas
Parrots
Buddy - Red Crowned Amazon (27 yo)
Venus - Solomon Island Eclectus (4 yo)
Buzz CAG (2 yo)
Sam - Cockatiel 1997 - 2004
Tweety - Budgie 1984 - 1987
Sweety - Budgie 1985 - 1986
Wow he looks great, I love the patch on the front. You are so talented.

Allee

Oct 27, 2013
Media
Texas
Parrots
U2-Poppy(Poppy lives with her new mommy, Misty now) CAG-Jack, YNA, Bingo, Budgie-Piper, Cockatiel-Sweet Pea Quakers-Harry, Sammy, Wilson ***Zeke (quaker) Twinkle (budgie) forever in our hearts
Kiwi knows he's gorgeous! He looks very pleased with his snuggly new hoodie. Great job, April, and he looks very manly too.

Most Reactions