Large rant-update on my conure, and also need info on Meyer's!

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
This is just what I told Von over facebook. It was a large rant and I don't want to type another, so here's just the copied and pasted:

UGH this breeder is making me so mad. she is such a mess. I wanted the exact baby I saw two weeks ago, and she isn't replying to emails or picking up her phone. My mom finally got a hold of her and demanded that we get the baby today because we've been ready for over a week now and the breeder was out of state for the past few days. Now she's back, and we want our bird. But the breeder said thathe baby isn't even WEANED yet??! Two weeks ago, she said that the baby was 9 weeks old, just weaned. And now she's saying that we have to finish weaning her because she's only 7 weeks. Looks like either her life is a lie, or I won't be getting the baby I put my deposit on. I'm so angry! And my mom said to her that if she didn't give us the baby that we had our deposit on, we want our deposit back. And the lady said that it was non refundable, but when my mom brought up her ad, which said that within two weeks you can get your money back, the lady said "I'm not going to argue with you over this." WHAT?! She needs to learn how to be a man for once. After I get my baby, I'm reporting her on Hoobly for being a scam.

-an update-

We went to pick up the baby, she tried to sell us a baby that is definitely not the one we put our deposit on, and INSISTED that it was the same one because "the band number is the same" (but we didn't see the band number last time). She also said it was our fault we didn't look, and I didn't even know the bird had a band. He was very chatty, didn't sit up straight - had his body leaned forward the whole time, and was very bitey. The one I met was the complete opposite.

Also, he was definitely sick. He pooped when he was sitting on my hand, and it was what I would expect a lorikeet's poop to look like. It didn't come out as any solid, but just water, and it didn't even go straight down! It spewed outwards. He was also very fluffed up, and when he tried to climb up my arm, he was so unbalanced.

I just checked her ads again because I remembered that she said she delivered to a few states, and I knew our tri-state area was definitely three of the states, but there was another one. And guess what state it was? Connecticut. So that whole week when she was "in Connecticut for a family emergency," I bet she was just selling birds. Maybe that's where my sweet little baby went. What a lie.

My mom wouldn't accept that bird, and neither would I but I let her do most of the talking, and the lady gave us three options:

1) Take the bird
2) Wait for her currently-feeding conures (4 weeks old)
3) Take her to court

My mom and her argued for a while, and then she was finally done arguing with us and basically kicked us out of her house, which by the way, definitely smelled drugged up, but maybe not with cigarettes. And when she talked to us, she was wheezing. I wonder why the baby was sick. :mad:

But I do have good news! On the way home I got a call from her, and she said that if I e-mailed her with my name and address, within 10 days I would receive a check in the mail with my deposit back!

So at least something good did come out of this . As soon as I get my money in the mail, I'm reporting every one of her ads. And if she makes a new account.. I'm still reporting every one of her ads!

---------------------------------------------------------

So then I decided to go on Petfinder to look for a bird, and there's a bird shelter about 1.5 hours away from me. Two sun conures have been there for quite a while, but I don't think I can get either of them. One has to be adopted with a Jenday, and the other is a possibility, but he's not very tame. I could work with him though. But then I decided to look at all the other birds they have, and I found this cute little Meyer's!

Lucy.jpg

I did a bit of research this morning, just reading informational websites and watching youtube videos. I think they might just be the perfect bird :). My mom isn't a huge fan of screaming birds, but she let me get a conure because she knew how much I wanted one. I fell in love with them the first time I saw them, and now I can finally get one! But with all of that drama with the breeder, I'm just kind of turned off of sun conures. I know that if I find the right one, I'd be really happy, but I feel like breeders always have birds and it's important to give shelter birds a permanent home. That Meyer's is 3 years old, and she has a great description. I feel like she would be perfect! But I want feedback and experiences from you guys before I make any decisions.

Noise isn't a huge issue. My parents will live with a screaming sun conure if I really want one because they know how much I love them, but if I know life would be easier with a quiet bird. When I move out of the house and go to college, I'm going to rent a room in someone's house because 1) condos are too expensive and my roommates might not like the noise, and 2) if I could find an apartment that allowed pets, my neighbors might not be too happy. But I could always just train the conure to be quieter, like Von's! :D

Size and talking ability don't really matter to me. I have a 31 x 20.5 x 40 inch cage that is big enough for a sun conure, and Meyer's are even smaller so I know I'll have enough room.

I like how sun conures look because they're so bright and beautiful, but I think Meyer's parrots look really cool too. Especially the one I found, I love her yellow patches :D. I think Meyer's parrots look pretty awesome, but they're not as bright and colorful as sun conures. I don't mean to sound shallow... but looks and color do matter to me :eek:. Not a whole lot, but I really like bright and colorful birds. I'm an artistic person, and I live a very colorful life. So shouldn't the bird match? I do love the contrast between the dark grey and the yellow though :D.

I just have a few questions about Meyer's parrots.

1) What is their poop like? The Meyer's that I'm looking at is being fed Harrison's pellet and fruits and veggies, and no seeds at all! So basically the same as a sun conure. But I don't want a bird that will poop like a lorikeet :p. So in general, is the poop solid and easy to clean up?

2) Are they dusty? I know they're from Africa, and African Greys are dusty. So are cockatoos and cockatiels from Australia. I have a cockatiel, and he's dusty enough, so I don't want another very dusty bird to add to it! I think the dust thing might be a dry location thing.. because it seems tropical rainforest parrots aren't dusty, and parrots from the savannah and dry places are more dusty. But I didn't read that anywhere, it's just a connection I made lol. I may be wrong!

Those are my main questions for now. I can't decide which bird I want. I could find a way to bring a sun conure with me through life, but it would be easier with a Meyer's. I think sun conures are more beautiful, but it's their personality that counts, and Meyer's seem to be nicer and more laid back. But I have seen some very cuddly conures too :rolleyes:. This is such a hard decision.. Feedback please!

And sorry I made you read all that :eek:.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
hey boo nut is feed harrisons an fruit an veg (plus some of what we eat) so depends on what she's had, its normally a tidy poop dryi(ish) not much liquid, no idea what a lori poops like lol
but if she's had a lot of juicy type fruits it canbe quiet wet or just given herself a bath etc

as for dusty?? some days its like she has a bad case of dandruff and others not one speck??

hope this helps lol an good luck with the breeder

OP
Boo

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
hey boo nut is feed harrisons an fruit an veg (plus some of what we eat) so depends on what she's had, its normally a tidy poop dryi(ish) not much liquid, no idea what a lori poops like lol
but if she's had a lot of juicy type fruits it canbe quiet wet or just given herself a bath etc

as for dusty?? some days its like she has a bad case of dandruff and others not one speck??

hope this helps lol an good luck with the breeder

Thanks! Lorikeets eat nectar, so their poop is very watery and they can aim it 2-3 feet LOL! And I was also thinking about a Linnie, but I read that their poop is twice the size of a budgie's, and softer. Soft poop is harder to pick up, and I have lots of free time for a bird to play outside his cage, so I don't want his poop to get stuck in my carpet :p. As for the dust, sounds good lol! Stormy is like a big dust cloud every day :rolleyes:.

suebee

Jan 13, 2011
lol boo nut is really good with her poop she generally only poops on a hard surface when outta cage?? a few times on cushions?? but cos i made suce a whinney noise over it, she walks onto leather sofa and backs up lol

if its in carpet, leave it to dry! easier to hoover up and spray on disinfectant

OP
Boo

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
lol boo nut is really good with her poop she generally only poops on a hard surface when outta cage?? a few times on cushions?? but cos i made suce a whinney noise over it, she walks onto leather sofa and backs up lol

if its in carpet, leave it to dry! easier to hoover up and spray on disinfectant

Haha awww Nut is so cute!! :D And good idea lol. I usually do that, but I want to avoid stepping in it :rolleyes:. I think I've decided to get a sun conure after all. They're still my favorite, and probably always will be :)!

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
11 month old Senegal Parrot - 3 year old SI Eclectus
Don't hold your breath on the refund. If it's none refundable, she would be a fool to refund you. Breeders have non-refundable deposits for folks who get buyers remorse and decide they no longer want the item.

Secondly, if I were your parent, I would have told you to wait until you have a home of your own before getting a bird because when you do move out, they will most likely be left with the bird. Unless you own your own home, landlords aren't going to tolerate complaints from neighbors due to a noisy bird. Sure, your parents might be willing to tolerate a squawking, squealing, screaching, screaming bird. But for how long? There is no such thing as a quiet bird. ALL BIRDS MAKE NOISE, some worse than others. I have owned Parakeets & Cockatiels that could and would scream like banshee's constantly.

I wish I had a video camera to video tape my Senegal parrot that is touted to be the perfect apartment bird. She starts off with a cute little beep, then chirp, chatter, chatter, chatter, then squawk and the screams. I'm working with her on it, but she is a screamer, noise maker for sure. Now maybe she will out grow it in a few years, but she is only a year old now. I can tolerate it, but my wife isn't thrilled with the added noise in the house. But we are committed and in it for the long haul. My point is, birds are noisy and all concerned must be into it 110%, if not then get another animal.

As far as the breeder goes, there are reputable breeders. If you deal with another one, ask for references of customers of their's and don't be afraid to call a few of them and ask how their experiences went with the breeder in question.

Good Luck,
Mike

Last edited:
OP
Boo

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
Don't hold your breath on the refund. If it's none refundable, she would be a fool to refund you. Breeders have non-refundable deposits for folks who get buyers remorse and decide they no longer want the item.

Secondly, if I were your parent, I would have told you to wait until you have a home of your own before getting a bird because when you do move out, they will most likely be left with the bird. Unless you own your own home, landlords aren't going to tolerate complaints from neighbors due to a noisy bird. Sure, your parents might be willing to tolerate a squawking, squealing, screaching, screaming bird. But for how long? There is no such thing as a quiet bird. ALL BIRDS MAKE NOISE, some worse than others. I have owned Parakeets & Cockatiels that could and would scream like banshee's constantly.

I wish I had a video camera to video tape my Senegal parrot that is touted to be the perfect apartment bird. She starts off with a cute little beep, then chirp, chatter, chatter, chatter, then squawk and the screams. I'm working with her on it, but she is a screamer, noise maker for sure. Now maybe she will out grow it in a few years, but she is only a year old now. I can tolerate it, but my wife isn't thrilled with the added noise in the house. But we are committed and in it for the long haul. My point is, birds are noisy and all concerned must be into it 110%, if not then get another animal.

As far as the breeder goes, there are reputable breeders. If you deal with another one, ask for references of customers of their's and don't be afraid to call a few of them and ask how their experiences went with the breeder in question.

Good Luck,
Mike

Well there is also a high chance that I'll be going to college in my state, and commuting from home. Our state college is actually pretty good, and my mom was asking me to go there :p. I don't know why.. maybe she'll miss me lmao. She was actually trying to convince me to stay. I know that all birds make noise, but not all birds are the same volume. You can't generalize birds, but there is no way a "screaming budgie" is the same volume as a screaming cockatoo.

The breeder had non-refundable deposits because she said sometimes someone wants a bird, then never comes back for it, or they decide they don't want the bird. But we had a very good reason for not wanting the bird. The first bird was the sweetest I'd ever met. She was tame, climbed right up onto my shoulder and started playing with my hair. Made one grunt, but not another peep. The baby she claimed was the same one, was 2 weeks younger, still weaning, very sick, did not stop making noise and squawking, and all he wanted to do was chew up my hoodie. Clearly two different birds. Plus, how can a 9 week old conure, two weeks later, become 7 weeks old? The breeder herself said that the baby was 7 weeks old, and when I dropped off the deposit the bird was 9 weeks. She brought the first bird right outside her door, and the second bird was still being handfed in a box. We didn't want our deposit back because we simply didn't want the bird. If she had given us the same bird we had our deposit on, I would have bought it. It wasn't my fault the bird was different, therefore I had a good reason to want my deposit back.

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots
Usually with breeders, you don't put a deposit on a specific bird. They sell them as they are weaned. Most take deposits on birds as they are hatched. You also have to understand that the same sweet lovable bird that you saw two weeks ago MAY NOT BE THE SAME lovable sweet quiet bird two weeks later. Their personalities change as they get a little older. They start to realize, hey if I make noise, I get more attention hahahahahaha.

Had I been the breeder, I would have told you that I don't accept deposits on specific birds unless you show up every day and help hand feed them. I don't know what your contract says. But I would be very surprised if it states that you are putting a deposit down on a specific bird. In most states, you have a time limit to take your bird to a vet for a checkup upon purchasing the bird. I believe in Florida where I'm from, it's 72 hours or something like that. If the bird doesn't pass the checkup for any reason, you return it for a refund or replacement. This is what the breeder should have told you.

My point being regarding leaving home, you have to realize some birds live from 20-70 years easily. So my question to you is, do you know what your going to be doing 10 years from now? Animals are very restrictive. Case in point, My wife and I are going on a two week vacation and I have to find someone to watch a screaming, squawking bird for two weeks. I thought about boarding her at a vets office, but most of them don't board birds. The ones that do want $20.00 a day.

Not trying to be a parent here, but I like to try and get young folks to look past the tip of their nose and not think so much about today, but think more about tomorrow and the following years to come. I was a cop for over 20 years and responded to 1000's of noise complaints, most of which were animals or pets. Some of those were birds. I have seen some pet owners having to give up their pets or face hundreds of dollars in fines.

Good luck on your decision, I'm sure what ever you get will be well loved.

Last edited:

Parrot Parent

Feb 22, 2011
My house
Parrots
R.I.P. Linius, my Sun conure
Tapa and Tio, Parakeets, Xander 3 month old sun conure
No idea on Meyers parrots but Linius was never really too loud. When I got him I took a video and he didnt make any noise throughout the whole thing! lol. But when he started his screaming/squaking phase I taught him how to make kissy noises. I also taught him how to laugh. So instead of a scream or squak, you'd hear a kiss or laugh most of the time lol. He only really screamed when I got home from school and he knew he was getting some fresh fruit. Or when I was bugging him and he wanted to be left alone(but this usually was accompanied by a little nip). Hope that helps some.

ticklemebink

Mar 6, 2011
Colorado
Parrots
Green wing macaw
wow, well im hoping you got the check inthe mail already thats pretty shady stuff to be pulling being a breeder. good for you to go report her. and why not report the drugs to the police department. she shouldnt be letting people let alone kids long with breeding in a house with smoking drugs. screw that.
You and your mom did good! sorry you didnt get the lil guy you wanted but everything happens for a reason. there are plenty of good breeders out there nd if you can rescue one, that would be even better! Good luck!

OP
Boo

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
Usually with breeders, you don't put a deposit on a specific bird. They sell them as they are weaned. Most take deposits on birds as they are hatched. You also have to understand that the same sweet lovable bird that you saw two weeks ago MAY NOT BE THE SAME lovable sweet quiet bird two weeks later. Their personalities change as they get a little older. They start to realize, hey if I make noise, I get more attention hahahahahaha.

Had I been the breeder, I would have told you that I don't accept deposits on specific birds unless you show up every day and help hand feed them. I don't know what your contract says. But I would be very surprised if it states that you are putting a deposit down on a specific bird. In most states, you have a time limit to take your bird to a vet for a checkup upon purchasing the bird. I believe in Florida where I'm from, it's 72 hours or something like that. If the bird doesn't pass the checkup for any reason, you return it for a refund or replacement. This is what the breeder should have told you.

My point being regarding leaving home, you have to realize some birds live from 20-70 years easily. So my question to you is, do you know what your going to be doing 10 years from now? Animals are very restrictive. Case in point, My wife and I are going on a two week vacation and I have to find someone to watch a screaming, squawking bird for two weeks. I thought about boarding her at a vets office, but most of them don't board birds. The ones that do want $20.00 a day.

Not trying to be a parent here, but I like to try and get young folks to look past the tip of their nose and not think so much about today, but think more about tomorrow and the following years to come. I was a cop for over 20 years and responded to 1000's of noise complaints, most of which were animals or pets. Some of those were birds. I have seen some pet owners having to give up their pets or face hundreds of dollars in fines.

Good luck on your decision, I'm sure what ever you get will be well loved.

I'm going to be a vet when I grow up. I've wanted to since I was in first grade and I always thought about alternatives, but there's nothing I want more than to be a vet, so I'm working towards that goal in terms of grades and stuff.

I don't really plan on going on too many vacations far from home. Maybe a few, but I won't mind paying $20 a day or something for boarding, or I could find a friend who has experience with birds to take care of him. I'm thinking the most I will do is a few day trips, but then again I don't have my life planned out. I have thought about it. I'm more into birds than traveling.

Don't know about Florida, but usually breeders keep track of which bird you put your deposit on by writing down their leg band number. I thought she would do that after I left, but I guess not.. Definitely learned my lesson there. I should have checked :(.

No idea on Meyers parrots but Linius was never really too loud. When I got him I took a video and he didnt make any noise throughout the whole thing! lol. But when he started his screaming/squaking phase I taught him how to make kissy noises. I also taught him how to laugh. So instead of a scream or squak, you'd hear a kiss or laugh most of the time lol. He only really screamed when I got home from school and he knew he was getting some fresh fruit. Or when I was bugging him and he wanted to be left alone(but this usually was accompanied by a little nip). Hope that helps some.

Aww that's so cute!! Great idea, I never even thought about that :). I'll definitely do that when I get my bird. Thanks!

wow, well im hoping you got the check inthe mail already thats pretty shady stuff to be pulling being a breeder. good for you to go report her. and why not report the drugs to the police department. she shouldnt be letting people let alone kids long with breeding in a house with smoking drugs. screw that.
You and your mom did good! sorry you didnt get the lil guy you wanted but everything happens for a reason. there are plenty of good breeders out there nd if you can rescue one, that would be even better! Good luck!

Yeah, I hope so too. There's another breeder I've been talking to, she's so nice and caring, no doubts in my mind about her. The first breeder came off to me as very pushy, but I didn't know it would be so hard to just buy a bird.. I thought it would just be a quick exchange, but then we ran into so many complications. If I had waited until I collected the last bit of money I needed, she wouldn't have sold the baby I wanted.

Lilly Pie

Mar 6, 2011
Media
Las Vegas, NV
Parrots
Lilly Pie, Umbrella Cockatoo
about the deposit not being for a specific bird, I think boo mentioned the band number being on the contract, and not being the breeder's fault Boo didn't look at the first bird's band number, so it seems to me, this deposit was indeed made on a specific bird..

also, non refundadble deposits are, by law, only non refundable if the BUYERS change their mind... if the item that the deposit was put on, gets sick, dies, breaks, disappears, gets stolen, etc... not being in any way the buyer's fault, it is the seller's reponsibility to refund the deposit and it would probably hold in court.

If I was in Boo's place, I would wait until my deposit is in my hands and report any thing I could about this breeder. Police will not do anything about anybody's "suspicions", but I for sure would call animal control, fish and game department, etc...

I dont know about your area, but people need to have licenses to breed and sell pets in my area... Just by the breeder trying to sell a supposedely sick bird, or a bird that appears sick, would be reason for an animal control visit. they would demand a health certificate on any birds or baby birds they have.. if nothing else, it would make sure their birds get at least one vet visit, and get them to spend some money they seem so hungry for.

I think it is for the best that it didn't work out for you to get this bird.. It will be a lot less headache for you in the long run. Now, hopefully you get your refund and can get a new bird..

About not having the extra $25.. make sure you do save money, (maybe start a bird savings account?), for emergencies.. the buying toys, food, and other small things is the easy and fun part..the hard part is if something bad happens, (injury) or the bird gets sick, and you need serious money to get it better...that's when you will need the savings money. And if you never use it, it's something you can look forward to when you get older, having a long time savings account..

If I were you, I would go slow and take my time and think really hard what kind of bird I want. Right now, you live with your parents and it seems like you might stay with them for a while, so you might have to get something to cover yours and their needs, like less noisy bird, etc.. so think hard before you decide on a bird, it's hard for the bird when they have to be rehomed...think lifetime of the bird when you get your bird...

I wish you the best of luck, and please keep us posted..

OP
Boo

Boo

Feb 21, 2011
about the deposit not being for a specific bird, I think boo mentioned the band number being on the contract, and not being the breeder's fault Boo didn't look at the first bird's band number, so it seems to me, this deposit was indeed made on a specific bird..

also, non refundadble deposits are, by law, only non refundable if the BUYERS change their mind... if the item that the deposit was put on, gets sick, dies, breaks, disappears, gets stolen, etc... not being in any way the buyer's fault, it is the seller's reponsibility to refund the deposit and it would probably hold in court.

If I was in Boo's place, I would wait until my deposit is in my hands and report any thing I could about this breeder. Police will not do anything about anybody's "suspicions", but I for sure would call animal control, fish and game department, etc...

I dont know about your area, but people need to have licenses to breed and sell pets in my area... Just by the breeder trying to sell a supposedely sick bird, or a bird that appears sick, would be reason for an animal control visit. they would demand a health certificate on any birds or baby birds they have.. if nothing else, it would make sure their birds get at least one vet visit, and get them to spend some money they seem so hungry for.

I think it is for the best that it didn't work out for you to get this bird.. It will be a lot less headache for you in the long run. Now, hopefully you get your refund and can get a new bird..

About not having the extra $25.. make sure you do save money, (maybe start a bird savings account?), for emergencies.. the buying toys, food, and other small things is the easy and fun part..the hard part is if something bad happens, (injury) or the bird gets sick, and you need serious money to get it better...that's when you will need the savings money. And if you never use it, it's something you can look forward to when you get older, having a long time savings account..

If I were you, I would go slow and take my time and think really hard what kind of bird I want. Right now, you live with your parents and it seems like you might stay with them for a while, so you might have to get something to cover yours and their needs, like less noisy bird, etc.. so think hard before you decide on a bird, it's hard for the bird when they have to be rehomed...think lifetime of the bird when you get your bird...

I did end up getting a different bird, right here from our own For Sale section! :D I got a little GCC, and I have an introduction somewhere in the Conure section.

I'm still waiting on the deposit, it's supposed to come by the end of this week. If I don't receive it I'm emailing/calling her back. It was a lot of money to lose and it wasn't my fault. I feel like it should have been here by now because it's been two weeks and maybe she was busy, but seriously? Why does it take 14 days to send a money order or check??

mtdoramike

Supporting Member
Jan 18, 2011
Media
Mt. Dora Fl./central Fl.
Parrots

OK, in Florida, your not required to have a license to breed birds or sell birds. BUT, how many birds, cats, dogs ect.... determines whether or not your a breeder in this state. I'm not real current on breeder laws in Florida since I'm not a breeder.

But you have here is a simple contract case bewteen two parties. Now which one breeched the contract? I'm no lawyer either, but it seems to me, the breeder fullfilled her obligation or her end by presenting a bird of the species that he wanted. BOO admits that he didn't obtain any information regarding the birds ID such as leg bad number, breeder number or ???

Also, it's only his word that the bird she presented wasn't the same bird. Birds attitudes and physical apperance can change within a two week period if it is a baby. I'm not saying Boo doesn't have a case here, but to me, he will be very lucky if he see's any of his deposit back. Because once she presents him with a bird of the species that he wanted, it will be up to him to prove that it's not the same bird that he put the deposit on.

The only thing Boo can do is sue the breeder and force her to present the Hopefully kept record books to show which bird Boo put the deposit on IF SHE RECORDS THAT INFO. Now, if the breeder were in Florida and presented a bird that looked sickly, then you would have to either back out of the deal and try and sue for your deposit back or go through with the deal and then take the bird to an Avian vet within 72 hours of receiving the bird for a full health check. If there's an issue, then back to the breeder it goes.

Either way, I hope it works out for you Boo, it sounds like this breeder is shaky.

schristensen13

Oct 6, 2010
Chico, CA
Parrots
Meyers (Kevin) and CAG (Mariah)
I think you said that you are completely set on a conure....I would highly reccommend taking a look at the Meyers though. They are total sweethearts and nowhere near as loud as a conure (especially a sun!). Super lovey and mellow! Good luck!

OP
Boo

Boo

Feb 21, 2011

OK, in Florida, your not required to have a license to breed birds or sell birds. BUT, how many birds, cats, dogs ect.... determines whether or not your a breeder in this state. I'm not real current on breeder laws in Florida since I'm not a breeder.

But you have here is a simple contract case bewteen two parties. Now which one breeched the contract? I'm no lawyer either, but it seems to me, the breeder fullfilled her obligation or her end by presenting a bird of the species that he wanted. BOO admits that he didn't obtain any information regarding the birds ID such as leg bad number, breeder number or ???

Also, it's only his word that the bird she presented wasn't the same bird. Birds attitudes and physical apperance can change within a two week period if it is a baby. I'm not saying Boo doesn't have a case here, but to me, he will be very lucky if he see's any of his deposit back. Because once she presents him with a bird of the species that he wanted, it will be up to him to prove that it's not the same bird that he put the deposit on.

The only thing Boo can do is sue the breeder and force her to present the Hopefully kept record books to show which bird Boo put the deposit on IF SHE RECORDS THAT INFO. Now, if the breeder were in Florida and presented a bird that looked sickly, then you would have to either back out of the deal and try and sue for your deposit back or go through with the deal and then take the bird to an Avian vet within 72 hours of receiving the bird for a full health check. If there's an issue, then back to the breeder it goes.

Either way, I hope it works out for you Boo, it sounds like this breeder is shaky.

Well actually, I didn't ask for a band number because I was told that sun conure was the only one she had. But either the breeder says that all her babies are "quiet and have a lot of yellow" just to attract buyers, or she was trying to advertise MY baby on the classifieds website, even after I had a deposit on it. I know personalities can change, but a 9 week old WEANED baby doesn't become a 7-8 week old UNweaned baby after 2 weeks. She told me herself the ages and everything, and then she went back on her word and said it was the same baby even though 2 weeks later it was younger. :S It's just not possible. And the first one was definitely more mature color-wise (much less green) and everything about the two were different. To me it just sounds like she makes up everything as she goes and doesn't care about he customers at all.

Most Reactions

Latest posts