Last ditch effort about aggression / contradictory advice

OP
G

GFGC

Aug 26, 2015
Just a little update that might help someone else dealing with an issue like mine (of which I'm sure there are many!).

The past week, instead of closely offering my finger to Charlie to step up on, I have been holding it a distance away from him. I have been holding it far enough away so that if he wants he can hop onto my finger but if he's not into the idea it's too far away for him to reach for a bite. So far it's worked really well. He's pretty into his personal space lately.

He has pin feathers like I've never seen before. I feel bad for him.

Terry57

Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 6, 2013
Media
Albums
Spruce Grove, Alberta, Canada
Parrots
Hawkhead(Darwin),YCA(Dexter),VE (Ekko),OWA(Slater),BHP(Talli),DYH(Calypso),RLA(Kimera),Alex(Xander)CBC(Phoe),IRN (Kodee,Luna,Stevie),WCP (Pisces),CAG(Justice)GCC (Jax), GSC2(Charley)
Just a little update that might help someone else dealing with an issue like mine (of which I'm sure there are many!).

The past week, instead of closely offering my finger to Charlie to step up on, I have been holding it a distance away from him. I have been holding it far enough away so that if he wants he can hop onto my finger but if he's not into the idea it's too far away for him to reach for a bite. So far it's worked really well. He's pretty into his personal space lately.

He has pin feathers like I've never seen before. I feel bad for him.

What a great update! I'm so happy that you have found something that works for you both. Poor baby, I bet he is uncomfortable with the pins:( Hope his moult finishes soon.

Most Reactions

Latest posts